project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #21
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: [Map] Operation Paraquet (2km) [WIP] (PR:F)

perhaps adding to the top layers of rock instead of one snow texture on the mountains. It looks like a mound of snow that just built up, instead of those patches of rock that you would see on mountains such as the Andes and what not. I understand that it is quite difficult to do in the editor, however if you ever see fit you could try your hand at the advanced skill of using photoshop.!

Looks good so far however!

EDIT: just realized that it is already a rock detail texture, however i would manually add some dark spots in high places that snow would not cling to very well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Killing the enemy sylently
Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

Wow sylent, congrats on your tags

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
CTRifle

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle Send a message via Skype™ to CTRifle

UPDATE!!

A little update on the map.

Redid the textures, season change!

Add me on xfire! controltherifle
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #24
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Nice but ummm, what is with the grid in the heightmap? http://i.imgur.com/QnChu.jpg
Did you turn off the grid before exporting your heightmap? Most likely too late now to re-export the heightmap if that was the case, but you should look into cleaning these grids out of the heightmap.

I've also seen the odd photo to suggest it wasn't as snowy as I first thought, really only snowy up in the mountains?

Might look better all round if you had snowy mountain tops, and not so snowy bottom

Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #25
CTRifle

hmm yea, Im thinking of restarting it cause of the heightmap, I downloaded it off of google earth but I dont think the scale is correct. I want to fit the right scale into the 2km map or even a 4km. Is there a guide on a way to make the scale correct?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #26
CTRifle

Bumpy, guys re-read my first post in this as Ive redone the whole map and feedback/comments would be great!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #27
sharpie
Supporting Member

What inspired the complete change? Out of curiosity...looks a lot different.
Coming along REAL nicely though, keep it up deary

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
[R-DEV] K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
Old 06-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #28
[R-CON]sylent/shooter
PR:BF2 Contributor

aww I preferred the old version of it CTRifle. However, if you are going to go with this new one I would work on your textures a heck of a lot more. Also, make sure you don't make those cliffs so smooth! They look very out of place.

Also the image of the tents seems like any sort of camp, even if it is just tents would be on flat ground. Make a plateau if it's on a mountain. All in all pretty good restart, although I must admit I loved the old textures of snow!

Killing the enemy sylently
Old 06-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #29
CTRifle

Well, first the other one was not in the proper scale, and I couldnt fit the entire port into its proper place so I looked over the heightmap and decided to remake it. Yea, I need better textures this one was just really quick... and as for the rounded out hills its kinda difficult to get them nice and sharp like the other ones

Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #30
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifle View Post
and as for the rounded out hills its kinda difficult to get them nice and sharp like the other ones
Time consuming but not very difficult

Closed Thread

Tags
2km, map, operation, paraquet, prf, wip