project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
[R-CON]rodrigoma
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: [Map] Brecourt Assault (2km) [WIP] (PR:N)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
I went through the files and didnt find anything like that in there, and would do it, i just need dimensions, because from that picture its really hard to see. I need heigh and interval between two posts, rodrigoma, please.
Also i would make it with 4-sided posts, not these tree branches like on the picture, but i think it wont matter

-lucky
hey
there are already some posts in PR:N made that say barbed wire but they are just the poles and have nothing to connect them, it would be useful to have a barbed wire to make barriers for infantry , and not have the whole wooden fence business
also if you know BIA:Road to hill 30 or earned in blood you should know what i mean

Started on the trench system a while ago, it will be a hard job to make it look good, probably it wond be that nice
ill show some screens of various options after tommorow (national holiday)
[R-CON]rodrigoma is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

Erm, those wooden fences Rudd refers to have col meshes setup so vehicles can drive thru, so the are not an obstacle to any vehicle. They are in objects\staticobjects\pr\fences\wooden_fences, you can take a look at their col meshes in editor if you want .

Took a look at those fences from PN, but they are bundlemeshes (dont exactly know what that means), and they use custom Bfg textures, where i think i can do it with vanilla common textures.

-lucky

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #23
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Don't think the bundledmesh barbed wire is still in the files. At least Theyre not used in any map, causethey caused issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #24
[R-CON]rodrigoma

UPDATE:
been working on the trench system near brecourt manor
added screens to the first post:
it is not final but tell me what you think
Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #25
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

http://i.imgur.com/RfT7w.jpg

Don't use that camonet, it's really bad. Instead, use either the PR one in the vegitation folder, or use the camonets that come with Normandy (located in objects/staticobjects/CamouflageNets/).

I think the trenches are a bit too dark. Not your "fault", it's just the color they have right now. I think we can make it a bit lighter, that way it looks better in an environment such as yours.

They are so dark, because they were only used on Operation Overlord at first. We could make it a bit lighter, so it fits in the terrain better.

Btw, did you try out the hexagon grass?

Other than that, great job!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #26
[R-CON]rodrigoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
http://i.imgur.com/RfT7w.jpg

Don't use that camonet, it's really bad. Instead, use either the PR one in the vegitation folder, or use the camonets that come with Normandy (located in objects/staticobjects/CamouflageNets/).

I think the trenches are a bit too dark. Not your "fault", it's just the color they have right now. I think we can make it a bit lighter, that way it looks better in an environment such as yours.

They are so dark, because they were only used on Operation Overlord at first. We could make it a bit lighter, so it fits in the terrain better.

Btw, did you try out the hexagon grass?

Other than that, great job!
I have changed the camo nets, you where right they look much better
i tried to work with the current draker trenches, it would be nice to have some lighter ones but i dont think it is a grave matter i tried to blend them the best i could

im not shure about the hexagon grass, it looks a bit weird and too geometrical in the editor maybe ingame its not that bad
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #27
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Well in game you don't really notice it since you're not above the terrain really.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #28
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

Hexagon looks like this in-game: http://i.imgur.com/LXWfh.jpg
(couldn't find a better example straight away)

Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #29
[R-CON]rodrigoma

it looks good in large covered sufaces but im a bit worried with the inclines in the hedges, i would have to use one undergrowth type for the hedges and one for the open fields which will be a piece of work but ill see what i can do
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #30
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

Well, whatever looks good for you, we'll see how it goes .

Tags
2km, assault, brecourt, map, prn, wip