project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
Shovel

Default Re: [Map]Northeastern USA (4km) [WIP]

Okay, 2km would work, but I would have to heavily revise my concept because some things would be too close together, like the overpass and the US main. Also, I used the actual map of the golf course (from the website) in the concept, so I will have to scale that down.
I wanted to use 4km because it would allow for more room to "breathe". I didn't want he suburbs to be as dense as in the satellite image, they would be considerably more spaced out. But, If people think it would work better as a 2km, than so be it.

And while I would like to use Russia, I feel that they are too often the bad guys. And the MEC has an awesome woodland camo that isn't in any map.

Is there a way to convert a 4km map to a 2km? Or should I just restart?

Shovel009
Last edited by Shovel; 11-08-2011 at 10:25 PM..
Old 11-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #12
Shovel

Okay, restarted the map, almost up to what I had before.
Is 2km too small for AASv4?

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Fools road use AASv4 without problems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
splatters

If you think about it, most PR maps only utilize a small portion of the map at once (or ever). Take Muttrah for example, it's mostly water and mountains and yet the city feels quite large.

A 2km map is huge if you are planning on filling the whole space with urban or forested areas. Then again, 1km would be too small.

My suggestion is reduce the amount of urban areas drastically, and use open-ish fields and terrain formations instead. That way it might be even possible to do a 4km semi-urban map

edit: I looked around and found something from the same area that might suite your purposes better: a river, hills, some bridges, highways, industrial elements and less dense urban areas. You'd still need to cut on the woods and houses quite a bit but it has more interesting elements in it

Google Maps - Woodbridge, VA

Last edited by splatters; 11-09-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #15
Shovel

Default Re: [Map]Northeastern USA (2km) [WIP]

That area looks really interesting. I will photoshop a concept later today, and see how they compare.
Thanks dude!

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
Von_Gnome

Well, Mec sounds interesting, because we already have Russian paras in Virginia...
But if you choose Russian anyways there's going to be atleast one "wolverines" sq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Von_Gnome is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
Wakain

nice idea, for some reason I find a mec invasion of US soil less threatening sounding - rather laughable really, after all what's the chance compared to the feared (ex-)communists? - than a russian or a PLA invasion. I would like to see such an invasion from a russian or chinese point of view for a change.
Wakain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
jerkzilla

Why not the British? You know, like, payback time?

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #19
Sniper77shot

Just a suggestion, I would recommend maybe doing an abandon subdivision and a lot of forest because it would be difficult to make a full sized town with the statics that bf2, Project Reality and Bf2 expansion packs provide. It wouldn't be enough, otherwise you have repeating statics over and over again which doesn't look very professional.

One of the problems with a map like what you are wanting to do is that you will have to spend a lot of time working on the urban elements of it which will need a lot of details in order for it to look professional. You can't have the in side of houses completely empty because it will look bad.

You can attempt a large suburban map but later on it may cause in game performance issues for some players.

Sniper77shot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #20
simeon5541

When the map Las Vegas will be done ?
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, map, mapnortheastern, northeastern, usa, wip