project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
Mad-Mike

Default Re: My 2011 build/parts acquired so far...

I would personally install everything that comes with the motherboard driver to get the best performance.
I know when I didnt some ports was not working correctly, eg. like the enthernet port.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
JohnSpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Mike View Post
I would personally install everything that comes with the motherboard driver to get the best performance.
I know when I didnt some ports was not working correctly, eg. like the enthernet port.
So I guess even if Win7 installs some things for the MOBO, these are merely Generic drivers?
JohnSpartan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Mad-Mike

I guess so ye, not 100% sure though. I have always installed them anyway just to be safe because sometimes I aint got a clue what win7 has installed and what it hasnt. It may of missed somthing important aswell.

Best just to install any drivers that comes with all your hardware then have a look on the official site to see if there is updates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
Pedz
Supporting Member

Some things the programs that you install from the Motherboard CD do is overclocking and monitoring and that kind of thing. Although some of them are useless, or can make things work( THX audio for the MSI motherboards makes the audio sound awful). Just pick and choose what you want, you can always install it all, find out whats rubbish, and go through the "add or remove a program" system to remove the ones you don't want.

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
JohnSpartan

Does anyone know why there is two drivers in the MOBO DVD for my motherboard LAN? One is from INTEL, the other is from REALTEK.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #16
Pedz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
Does anyone know why there is two drivers in the MOBO DVD for my motherboard LAN? One is from INTEL, the other is from REALTEK.
Are there two ports on the back of the MOBO?

If so, one is controlled by the Intel CPU/chipset.
While the other is controlled by an additional REALTEK controller.

Use the Intel ethernet port if you have the choice.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #17
JohnSpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedz View Post
Are there two ports on the back of the MOBO?

If so, one is controlled by the Intel CPU/chipset.
While the other is controlled by an additional REALTEK controller.

Use the Intel ethernet port if you have the choice.
I only have one ethernet port and on the manual it's labeled as an "Intel" port.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #18
JohnSpartan

Stuff acquired this past week -

GX 750W - Cooler Master PSU

1TB SATA 6.0GB/s SEAGATE HDD

LG BluRay Drive
Old 07-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #19
JohnSpartan

Can anyone suggest a good flash media drive? Should I get an external or an internal drive?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #20
Pedz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
Can anyone suggest a good flash media drive? Should I get an external or an internal drive?
Read through this post,
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f329...s-upgrade.html

Rhino's been looking for a good SSD (I assume thats what you mean by flash media drive?).

Also the preference of internal or external is up to you. Bare in mind that if you get an external, make sure it is e-sata. Then make sure you have an estata port on your motherboard hooked upto a sata connection (or just hooked up to the back anyway). e-sata is pretty much the same as a normal sata(internal) connection, so nothing lost, you may need to have a power brick, depends if you have a power-e-sata port :P.

Tags
2011, acquired, build or parts