project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
goguapsy

Default Re: Power Supply -> Video Card performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname55 View Post
lol!

to the OP: i guess if you dont plan to do any major upgrading on your compy you can just get like 500w or something, but if you plan to continue replacing your parts with newer ones, i would definitely suggest 750w so you can keep it for a long time
another important thing is the +12v rail, its best to get a psu with all the amps on only one +12v rail, but of course its not gunna kill you to have multiple +12v rails....
I think I'll get a simple 500W, I play too much PC already, I MUST have a limit to stop making my PC run (crappily) new games...

Thanks yall.

BTW WhatMan you probably ain't getting all the performance you can...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #12
FuzzySquirrel

Send a message via Skype™ to FuzzySquirrel
Default Re: Power Supply -> Video Card performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshisname55 View Post
lol!

to the OP: i guess if you dont plan to do any major upgrading on your compy you can just get like 500w or something, but if you plan to continue replacing your parts with newer ones, i would definitely suggest 750w so you can keep it for a long time
another important thing is the +12v rail, its best to get a psu with all the amps on only one +12v rail, but of course its not gunna kill you to have multiple +12v rails....
You only need 750w if its a piece of crap or your gonna do SLI with cards like the GTX2xx/4xx or HD 58xx

a quality 550w (quality is brands like, OCZ, Antec, Cosair) even the Cosair 400w +12 with 30A would power pretty much all single card systems (exceptions are power munching cards like a GTX 480)

FuzzySquirrel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
&gt, >, card, performance, power, supply, video