project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
21 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
Ironza

Default Re: Views on this complete system?

Today I ordered the Goldring DR150's

I also ordered a brand-spanking new copy of BF2 Deluxe edition. It's wierd buying a THIRD copy of BF2 because, the first's disk got scratched, and the second's CD key is in use on a installation on my old vista hdd on my old PC as well as being pretty scratched up... don't want to fuss about downloading a iso image and burning and stuff. Not a fan of torrents.

I have also owned Special Forces before too, apart from the first 2/3 digits of the cdkey were ripped off for some reason and even when I have guessed EVERY possible combo it still rejects my entries.. so thought.. bugger this.. I'll be buy a new copy for like £12 to get them both

Looking forward to all this stuff. I'll probably be like this on wednesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_phU1coQCU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ironza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #12
Ironza

Suprised to discover my game came this morning, although it wasn't the 'deluxe' edition but rather the 'Complete collection'... I assume there is no difference in these two other than the Collection comes with the redunant Euroforce and Armored Fury expansions right?

I should still be able to select which installation I want to choose and just install that? Of the startup menu?.. I heard rumours there were problems installing PR onto machines with the 'Complete Collection' rather than the individual disk installations or is that a load of tosh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
Kilgore.dfa
Supporting Member

Basically, if you have another installing source of BF2 you can use that and type your new cd-key in. Problem solved. Otherwise, there's no way to find out but to try it and see for yourself.
Kilgore.dfa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #14
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpSilver View Post
Suprised to discover my game came this morning, although it wasn't the 'deluxe' edition but rather the 'Complete collection'... I assume there is no difference in these two other than the Collection comes with the redunant Euroforce and Armored Fury expansions right?

I should still be able to select which installation I want to choose and just install that? Of the startup menu?.. I heard rumours there were problems installing PR onto machines with the 'Complete Collection' rather than the individual disk installations or is that a load of tosh?
I'm no expert on the matter but I can't understand why you bought the expansions/complete edition.

All of them were released for free inside the latest official patch for vBF2.

In othernews, I ended up looking at the OCUK systems but the lack of customisation options wasn't to my liking and even if I got the hard disks and graphics card I was after it was going to cost way more than my budget permits so I'll stick with getting a rubbish and outdated AMD 965 (cooling it well and using Fusion to OC it).

Though they do have a very wide range of accessories, input/output devices and peripherals and have fantastic prices so I think I'll be buying the monitor, Z2300s, gaming mouse mat, attack 3 and G35 from them.

It might not be the cheapest way to go overall but ordering the complete system and everything attached to it from just two places and having a reasonable prices is going to make life simpler.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #15
Ironza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan d ale View Post
I'm no expert on the matter but I can't understand why you bought the expansions/complete edition.

All of them were released for free inside the latest official patch for vBF2.

I know, but I didn't make it clear, sorry for the confusion.

I ordered the 'Deluxe Edition', however it was actually the 'Complete Collection' I got, however I'm not fussed.. basically the exact same thing.. two seperate disks would've been nice.. but cant be asked chasing this up.. will just install it tomorrow when the beast arrives.

Headphones arrived at 3:25 on the dot by UPS. These are VERY good headphones, sound fantastic, abeit they need a bit of time to 'break-in' as such, they are top-class. £71 for a pair of these headphones is a steal.

I havent even got a sound card yet, (comes in the PC), cant wait to see how these perform though the Xtreme Gamer.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #16
ryan d ale

Quote:
I know, but I didn't make it clear, sorry for the confusion.

I ordered the 'Deluxe Edition', however it was actually the 'Complete Collection' I got, however I'm not fussed.. basically the exact same thing.. two seperate disks would've been nice.. but cant be asked chasing this up.. will just install it tomorrow when the beast arrives.

Headphones arrived at 3:25 on the dot by UPS. These are VERY good headphones, sound fantastic, abeit they need a bit of time to 'break-in' as such, they are top-class. £71 for a pair of these headphones is a steal.

I havent even got a sound card yet, (comes in the PC), cant wait to see how these perform though the Xtreme Gamer.
Aye. I'm also a fan of having seperate discs for eacho expansion.

The best bargain I must have ever got on a game and all the expansions was (I think) actually due to a pricing error at a games shop in Leicster . Operation Flashpoint Game Of the Year edition (used) all in good nick for £1.99

People are making a racket (in a good way) about those headphones. It's made me reconsider my stance on a headset (w/mic) which would lead me to ask you the following question:

Is there any reason you went for a pair of headphones AND a desktop mic rather than a headset?

Would you be able to tell me your reasonign in it also?

I can see some sense in it.

Firstly, I think that with headsets sometimes the noise can escape out of the earphones and be picked up on the mic where as with a desktop mic I think that is much less of a common occurance - or maybe I'm just a retard at volume settings...who knows?

Also, I would have a strong guess that getting a mic and headphones seperately would probably mean both of them would work better and have better quality. Especially when it comes to the price - £70 on a headset would mean some of that is going into the mic..obviously. £70 on just the phones means that you would have a lovely set of phones.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #17
Ironza

Quote:

People are making a racket (in a good way) about those headphones. It's made me reconsider my stance on a headset (w/mic) which would lead me to ask you the following question:

Is there any reason you went for a pair of headphones AND a desktop mic rather than a headset?

Would you be able to tell me your reasonign in it also?
The reason I decided on a seperate pair of headphones, along with a micophone.. is because 5.1/7.1 'gaming geadsets' sacrifice quality of audio in return for the extra 'positonal' audio drivers at the front, middle and back of each headphone ear peice. where as a pair of high-quality headphones from Goldring or Sennheiser, along with an approprirate sound card, can provide better surround sound if the soundcard supports it, along with the general increased quality of sound because the headphones are designed for maximum quality of bass and quality of audio.

A pair of 5.1/7.1 headphones are there to provide a microphone mainly, and then second priority is for them to try and sqeeze the best audio they can out of them.. which effectively means you've sacrificed audio quality for a mic just a little closer to your mouth... and in some cases... the mic is crap quality too.

Obviously the huge advantage to headsets is portability and the price.. you dont usually find headsets being too 'different' in quality... most of the good ones cost around the same apart from a few like the Sennheiser PC-350's which are quite overpriced imho.

The reason though as well is because the logitech desktop mic is probably on or even slightly better than the quality of the mics in most headsets..it's misleading that people think that because it's not slapbang infront of your mouth that it will be terrible quality!

Only downside to a Headphones + Microphone combo is the price.. and to get the best out of them you will need a sound card suited for whatever you want to do... but the advantages are clear as day.. and it puts most cheaper headsets head first down the gutter.

It's all down to preference really..

Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #18
ryan d ale

Quote:
The reason I decided on a seperate pair of headphones, along with a micophone.. is because 5.1/7.1 'gaming geadsets' sacrifice quality of audio in return for the extra 'positonal' audio drivers at the front, middle and back of each headphone ear peice. where as a pair of high-quality headphones from Goldring or Sennheiser, along with an approprirate sound card, can provide better surround sound if the soundcard supports it, along with the general increased quality of sound because the headphones are designed for maximum quality of bass and quality of audio.

A pair of 5.1/7.1 headphones are there to provide a microphone mainly, and then second priority is for them to try and sqeeze the best audio they can out of them.. which effectively means you've sacrificed audio quality for a mic just a little closer to your mouth... and in some cases... the mic is crap quality too.

Obviously the huge advantage to headsets is portability and the price.. you dont usually find headsets being too 'different' in quality... most of the good ones cost around the same apart from a few like the Sennheiser PC-350's which are quite overpriced imho.

The reason though as well is because the logitech desktop mic is probably on or even slightly better than the quality of the mics in most headsets..it's misleading that people think that because it's not slapbang infront of your mouth that it will be terrible quality!

Only downside to a Headphones + Microphone combo is the price.. and to get the best out of them you will need a sound card suited for whatever you want to do... but the advantages are clear as day.. and it puts most cheaper headsets head first down the gutter.

It's all down to preference really..
That's very interesting and what I would certainly consider 'secret knowledge' lol

I thought there had to be many plus sides to getting seperate mic and phones - as is the way with everything. Kind of like a dedicated server vs a non dedicated/shared server.

I'm a big fan of Logitechs gaming accessories so I feel a little bit stuck. I might end up getting seperate mic and phones because I'm a bit of an audiophile and that the simplicity of seperate things is a big bonus for the clumsy and simple amongst us

So are you saying if I have a decent sound card (planning on a X-fi Titanium) that I would still get positional audio from a decent sent of 'phones?

Something that bothers me on my current computer is I get positional audio with the sound blaster and the creative speakers also (cheapest set) but as soon as I plug in a rubbish skyp'ish style headset all that goes to hell

I like the advantage/cheat of knowing where my enemy is hahaha

Old 01-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #19
Ironza

Quote:
So are you saying if I have a decent sound card (planning on a X-fi Titanium) that I would still get positional audio from a decent sent of 'phones?
The titanium is the older brother of the Xtreme Gamer as far as I'm aware, and they both come with CMSS-3D, and all the other jazz! So you will

Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
ryan d ale

Quote:
The titanium is the older brother of the Xtreme Gamer as far as I'm aware, and they both come with CMSS-3D, and all the other jazz! So you will
Awesome.

The rumours factory prophecy of a .9 release today will make me take the plunge if it prooves to be true. What a brilliant week this should be.

Tags
complete, system, views