project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Rapid12
Default Will this SPEC run PRBF2

Hi, I'm fixed up but I'm trying to recruit players, 2 of which need new PCs.

this spec has come on the market and I need to know if it will play the game well on decent settings? I'm aware the graphics are integrated, but I guess it can be upgraded if it can't run the game.

AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz, up to 3.7 GHz with AMD Turbo-Core Technology and internal AMD Radeon? HD7560D DirectX? 11 Graphics
4GB DDR3 SDRAM memory
1TB (1000GB) hard disk
Multiformat DVD/CD Burner4
Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 n-Standard
USB 3.02
Integrated memory card reader5
Network Controller Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mbit/s.
8 Channel high-definition audio6
Rapid12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Rapid12
Default Re: Will this SPEC run PRBF2

P.S, need to know asap as these will sell out quick.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

It will run it, but I can't attest to it running it too well. Like most other integrated graphics solutions, I'm guessing it will choke due to lack of VRAM. They would be able to play though. Perhaps at all low with some medium settings.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Rapid12

It is only ?350 & comes with Windows7 so I'm wondering if it's worth buying and putting a dedicated graphics card in. Would that then make it able to play on higher settings easily?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

I can't say for sure as I'm not particularly up to speed with the latest AMD processors, but assuming the motherboard on that PC has a proper PCI-E slot (16x/2.0) it should do fine...

But for 450+ pounds you'd probably be able to come up with something better if you put it together yourself, keep that in mind.

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

The CPU is fine, PR is single threaded, so it wont utilize more than one core.
is the HDD 7200RPM?
Everything else looks ok except for the graphics card. The graphics card has pretty poor ratings on a couple websites. It looks like it is an onboard graphics card? You should probably update that.

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
prbf2, run, spec