project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
bluehawk112

Default Headtracking and us_ahe_uh1nrockets - why not possible?

Hi guys

sorry to bother you,
would anyone of you have any idea why headtracking with BF2Freelook (together with Freetrack and a Wii Remote) is not possible for the us_ahe_uh1nrockets (armed huey)?
All other helicopters work fine....
I tried multiple times to use Freetrack&BF2Freelook with this type of helicopter - it simply does not work (the other helicopters do work without problems, same map, same game). No head tracking with the huey though...
Any idea what might be different with this type of helicopter?
I checked the .tweak file in the objects (vehicle-) folder but everything looks normal compared to other helicopter .tweak files...

If you do not have any idea, do you know someone who might have a clue about this?
I am also a little bit experienced in modding (thanks to raw homicidal, modding tutorial) but I am clueless in this issue...
Best regards
Bluehawk112
bluehawk112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Headtracking and us_ahe_uh1nrockets - why not possible?

Hi BLuehawk, that is very interesting discovery you've made. I willl send this thread to the guy who tweaked the code for the attack Huey, and see if we can create an official bug report in the Testing forum for this.
Unfortunately, if it is a real bug, it will not be fixed publicly until the next official release,
We will get someone competent to look at it and fix it in time,.

Cheers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
bluehawk112

Excellent! Appreciate it very much! If I can fix it by myself-please let me know (I am still using PR 0957 for single player purposes, I tweaked it a lot....)
Best regards
Bluehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
Hi BLuehawk, that is very interesting discovery you've made. I willl send this thread to the guy who tweaked the code for the attack Huey, and see if we can create an official bug report in the Testing forum for this.
Unfortunately, if it is a real bug, it will not be fixed publicly until the next official release,
We will get someone competent to look at it and fix it in time,.

Cheers.
bluehawk112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
bluehawk112

Well, I did not want to wait and tried to solve the problem by myself then.
I tested the uh1d for headtracking and it worked.
So I opened the us_ahe_uh1nrockets.tweak file (in the object folder-vehicles.server) and I marked (and copied) the whole part that has to do with the multifiring component and definition of all rocket launchers etc. (the whole part is at one piece, I think it ends when the engine component starts as the next section...).
Then I opened the ger_the_uh1d.tweak file.
I paced it / implemented the copied part inbetween the weapon-HUD stuff here and the copilot stuff.
Still I had to copy and pace the 2 lines that announce the rocket launchers in the upper part of the tweak-file.

Then I deleted the whole FLARE-section of the ger_the_uh1d.tweak file.
Why did I do this?-→Because the FLARE-section had also a multifiring component, so I avoided a possible conflict.
(so I also had to additionally delete the 2 lines in the upper part of the tweak-file, that announce the FLARE launchers...)
I also deleted the whole part that is dealing with the POVs.

This was it.

Now I will go ahead and implement the ger__the_uh1d in any map (level) that I want and what I will hopefully get is a us_ahe_uh1nrockets with which I can fly, shoot - and let_s see, if I can do headtracking as well...
Last edited by bluehawk112; 08-15-2012 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: problem still existed
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Very cool,
I will pass this info on to the guys responsible for implementing this, hopefully they can copy your code hints here to save themselves some time when working on a permanent fix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
bluehawk112

Still working on the problem...
Last edited by bluehawk112; 08-15-2012 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Problem still existed
Old 07-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
bluehawk112

I am sure I found the root of all the headtracking problems:
It must be the rocket launchers of the us_ahe_uh1nrockets.
I succeeded in adding the launchers to the ger_the_uh1d (basically same type of helicopter) and then suddenly
headtracking did not work with this any longer.
Then I again deleted the launchers and replaced them by the miniguns of the us_ahe_ah6 - and suddenly headtracking was again possible in the German Huey.
So, my conclusion is: the problem must be located in the launchers of the us_ahe_uh1nrockets...
Last edited by bluehawk112; 08-15-2012 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Problem solved

Tags
headtracking, usaheuh1nrockets