project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
25 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #11
Cossack112
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack112
Default Re: Crossfire question

I say meh that heat sink. If it takes 3 slots, that is just bad. Maybe there is other solutions out there.

Liquid cooling = expensive. Heatsinks are the most expensive part of the kit. But if you can, go for it.

And I think last PCI Express slot is wired to 4x speed, but I might be wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cossack112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #12
mangeface
Supporting Member

Default Re: Crossfire question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack112 View Post
I say meh that heat sink. If it takes 3 slots, that is just bad. Maybe there is other solutions out there.

Liquid cooling = expensive. Heatsinks are the most expensive part of the kit. But if you can, go for it.

And I think last PCI Express slot is wired to 4x speed, but I might be wrong.
Yeah, the very last slot is a PCI-E 2.0 so I don't have anything I'll be using in it. I also feel the same way, those are big heatsinks for air cooling. I'm still giving it some thought.

<-USMC, that is

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
crossfire, question