project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Hurtz
Default Headset / Mic Replacement

I'm having issues with my Logitech headset so I'm going to replace them, the usb cable has to be twisted a certain way for it to work.

I basically only use the speakers for Team Speak and Ventrilo while the mic is used in game. I have a kick ass sound card and 5.1 speakers that I use for the game.

Any recommendations or personal use information anyone wants to share.

Note that the headphones would have to be able to accomidate the TrackIR 5 pro clip and not suppress all of the outside noise as I need to be able to hear my 5.1 speakers as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hurtz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
palanoid
Default Re: Headset / Mic Replacement

is ur logitech headset closed-back? coz i see a lot of small earcup/supra-aural headsets happen to be closed-back,im not sure how much sound they block.
like this one :Hama CS 453 PC Headset: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Sennheiser have a PC series of headsets which are of similar shape to the one linked above,although they might seem a bit too expensive for just holding a mic and a trackIR clip.

maybe look for some headset that has only one earcup with a mic attached to it? haha
palanoid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Hurtz

Thanks Pala but those arn't gonna cut it. The logi's i have now and closed but i can still hear my speakers. I did't know if the newer ones are more sound suppressing or not which is why i was looking for some opionions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

I had the same first thought as Palanoid, this sennheiser headsets are "half-cup" top of head band, entry level,

Sennheiser USA - Gaming Headsets - PC Headset - Phones, Music - PC 131 - Private Audio
Sennheiser USA - PC Headset - Gaming Headset - PC 151 - Skype, VoIP - Personal Audio

If you are ONLY using it for TS/VEnt etc, you can cheap out and buy some headset targeted toward Office VOIP, they are cheaper and tuned to provide good audio quality for telephone style communication, but are useless for gaming/music/movies use.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Maybe something like this one?

Plantronics | Blackwire 200 Series

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Hurtz

Ya Im not sure I want to go the cheap way. I still want to get a decent set of headphones but will need them to be semi-open to outside sounds.

Thanks for you input guys.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Moved to hardware support.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
CommunistComma
Banned

If you go bluetooth you might be able to find a decent quality mic with open ear, plus it's wireless so you won't mess up your wire again.
CommunistComma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Hurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistComma View Post
If you go bluetooth you might be able to find a decent quality mic with open ear, plus it's wireless so you won't mess up your wire again.
Wireless is no good to me either. I have a track IR which is wired and mounts on the headset so it will end up being wired anyway.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

If you want wired I would recommend these headsets

Amazon.com: Logitech Gaming Headset G330 (Black): Electronics

or
Amazon.com: Ear Force X11 Amplified Stereo Headset with Chat: Video Games

if you want to spend around 90$
Amazon.com: Logitech G35 7.1-Channel Surround Sound Headset: Electronics
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 05-19-2012 at 03:08 PM..

Tags
headset, mic, replacement