project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
Valleyforge3946

Send a message via Yahoo to Valleyforge3946 Send a message via Skype™ to Valleyforge3946
Default Little GFX BIOS FLASHING HELP

Okay so i have a EVGA GTX 460 SE that im trying to flash to a regular GTX 460. I've done some research and i now know the steps to flashing it and that it is indeed possible to flash a 460 SE to a regular 460. I'm just missing 1 thing. a regulat EVGA GTX 460 1gb bios. Can anyone help me out here? Sniping coward and the Rest of th IT dev's help would be nice. Because I've searched for about an hour now, and i've cant find an untouched BIOS. And my Google Fu is Strong. xD

SiŁeńŤĤŨňŤeŘ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Valleyforge3946 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Little GFX BIOS FLASHING HELP

Fermi bios editor guide - Guru3D.com Forums

GND-Tech - Flashing your Video Card's BIOS - A Beginner's Guide

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 570 560 460 ATI Radeon HD 6970 6950 6870 5970 :: MVKTech :: On the Edge of Technology - ReMOSitory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 570 560 460 ATI Radeon HD 6970 6950 6870 5970 :: MVKTech :: On the Edge of Technology - ReMOSitory

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/95593832/file.html

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 570 560 460 ATI Radeon HD 6970 6950 6870 5970 :: MVKTech :: On the Edge of Technology - NVIDIA BIOS Editor (NiBiTor) Guide

EDIT: I HAVE NOT USED THE SOFTWARE IN THE LINKS ABOVE. NO IDEA IF THEY CONTAIN VIRUSES.
WHEN FLASHING A GPU IT IS POSSIBLE TO BRICK IT. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY.

Use nhibitor to save bios as a rom, Fermi Editor to change settings, and flash with nvflash. TAKES LONGER create a bootable disk than it did to change settings and flash. Create a USB thumbdrive bootable win98 OS to perform the flash.

Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 04-20-2012 at 05:14 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
Valleyforge3946

Send a message via Yahoo to Valleyforge3946 Send a message via Skype™ to Valleyforge3946

I am aware of the process and that it can be bricked. I have the money now to replace in case i mess up.

SiŁeńŤĤŨňŤeŘ

Old 04-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

You got some on techpowerup

techPowerUp! :: Video Bios Collection

Id look at frequencies before I try it, and ask around on their forums, Im sure those guys have more experience with this then us. Good luck.

E: Also what these people say here is not good for you.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=335188

CATA4TW!
Last edited by MaSSive; 04-22-2012 at 04:35 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
Valleyforge3946

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
You got some on techpowerup

techPowerUp! :: Video Bios Collection

Id look at frequencies before I try it, and ask around on their forums, Im sure those guys have more experience with this then us. Good luck.

E: Also what these people say here is not good for you.

Flash 460se with regular 460 bios! - Guru3D.com Forums
I was gunna say 90% of the guys that have tried flashing fail and the only one's who i have seen succeed is the guys with the Palit 1GB card. Apparently, the EVGA card is supposedly laser cut, as i had the same problem as the guy in the thread with my attempted flash. It wont accept new BIOS, but i can flash it back... Damn it!!!! Lol. Hmm, now i guess i will just have to go the OC route.. Disappointed as i really wanted that 30% fan speed boost and another 48 cores... i can't OC more on current settings without graphical artifacts so now gotta rework the voltage and see if i can squeeze more out of it. i know i can just not without artifacts. Hmmm... gotta make sure i re heatshrinked correctly. Been having voltage spikes in my rig.

SiŁeńŤĤŨňŤeŘ

Tags
bios, flashing, gfx