project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #41
[R-DEV]Amok@ndy
PR:BF2 Comm Faction Lead
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Amok@ndy
Default Re: [Weapon] MG3

i hope the modeler thought to the fact that the mg hasnt the part you put on your shoulder if it is mountet on a dingo or an fenek !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #42
LeChuckle

current hk21 is ugly as ----, so this is all good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #43
[R-DEV]pleym
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]pleym Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]pleym
Wink Re: [Weapon] MG3

Sexy weapon cant wait to spray down crazy insurgents with it and other scum the Norwegian Forces will fight down

PR:BF2 Mapper
Old 10-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #44
LeChuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleym(norway) View Post
Sexy weapon cant wait to spray down crazy insurgents with it and other scum the Norwegian Forces will fight down
reversed case sounds more appealing

Old 10-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #45
Conman51

aww i liked the hk21 especially with the burst...but who knows maybe i will like this more

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Old 10-31-2009, 04:49 PM   #46
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
I was actually thinking of suggesting the MG3, but it seems the R-Devs can read people's minds. Epic.

Will it sound like a MG42? (with that 'ripping' sound, not sure how to describe it)
I could be wrong about this, but I believe the mg42 had a much higher rate of fire resulting in its crazy ripping sound. when the mg3 was developed i think they lowered the rate of fire so i dont think it sounds like that anymore. again i could be totally wrong.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #47
TSPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
I could be wrong about this, but I believe the mg42 had a much higher rate of fire resulting in its crazy ripping sound. when the mg3 was developed i think they lowered the rate of fire so i dont think it sounds like that anymore. again i could be totally wrong.
That is right.
This was done because the bolt assembly tended to break quite easily at such rates.
And at this fire rate, you are still suppressing everything that can be suppressed but don't waste so much ammo doing it. And on top of that, your barrel is not heating up so fast.

Great model! I have used the real thing with great joy and this looks just like it.
One question though: Will there be a version with the anti air iron sights? Would be just for fun as it would be a pain to make it work like the real thing, but nice to have nonetheless...
Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #48
Claymore
Banned

This model looks really great! Excellent textures..
Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #49
hiberNative

very high detail on that one. good job.

-
Old 10-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #50
Bazul14
Banned

GOD, this is gonna be my favourite weapon! It looks awesome, good job!
Closed Thread

Tags
kaijleor, mg3, weapon