project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Default [Map-wip] Fallujah minimap update

Most of the buildings are down now, so you can get a feel for the layout of the battlefield. Hopefully this will be a citymap that is not just karkand spam, lots of thought has gone into the spacing and how it will play out. The next main phase is the detail of getting it looking like a real messed up place!

wip

google earth reference:
Last edited by duckhunt; 12-27-2007 at 12:43 AM..
Old 12-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Raniak

Nice, I love your map, really accurate !

What's that shadowy square in the middle of the fields west of the city ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniak View Post
Nice, I love your map, really accurate !
Can you grab an ariel pic of Fallujah for comparison? I was under the impression most maps were just random and named after somewhere.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

wwwwooooohhhhh that looks so awesome! i cant wait to get in there with the USMC and blow the crap out of some insurgents! you devs have been teasing us more and more everyday lol

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
ConscriptVirus

wow this map looks amazing. a bit small, but i like small (less strain on my computer)

"These things we do that others may live"
Old 12-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

http://www.directionsmag.com/images/...v5_2004_lg.gif

Afaik The maps just take the general feel of a place and try to imitate it as best as possible, after all we can't support the real size of these places on BF2

Old 12-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #7
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

updated first post with google earth reference. Not exact copy but layout is near enough
Old 12-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #8
Raniak

I'm proud of myself, I found the location of your map in 10 minutes

You really had me with the reflexion for a while, I was sure it was a rotation so it toke me lots of time to find it

Anyway, what's that square ? I can't see in on Googlemap so I'm guessing it's some kind of VCP ?

Old 12-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #9
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

Dam you duckhunt!!! I just spent the past hour scouring google earth for that location.

I was looking for ages for a spot with those features, that style of camera, and the green + river runnig northwest... I then look with more detail and discover the google photo has been twizzled and flipped :P

Thats evil... pure evil

Love the fact its an actual real rendition of north fallujah awesomeness

Old 12-27-2007, 01:10 AM   #10
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]duckhunt View Post
updated first post with google earth reference. Not exact copy but layout is near enough
Holy crap dude, that's WELL accurate!
Closed Thread

Tags
fallujah, mapwip, minimap, update