project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

Default [Map] Operation Archer - redux

Since its original publication I have continued to work on Operation Archer. The original release had challenged both the home PC and the server with its large destructible-static count (well over 600) and its extensive view distance (1111m). This in tandem with the insurgency faction being under equipped with weapons allowed for uneven game play with inexperienced gamers or uncoordinated team play.

The recent Operation Archer candidate is well on its way to being finished (well, maps are never really finished). Through extensive collaborations with other Reality developers (especially Fuzzhead, Katarn, and Dr. Rank) and the very hard work of many of the others on the mod team I have been able to develop a much stronger version of the map.

Some of the key items of improvement include: less destructible statics, improved aesthetics including vegetation and water, and more villages.

The map overview:

Size: 2km
Factions: US (Canadian placeholder) vs. Taliban (insurgency)
Equipment: a pleasant surprise
Modes: Insurgency (64, 16), AAS (32), and Skirmish (16)

Here are a few snapshots I have collected and as we move forward with this map I will be glad to share more of them

Taliban Truck with 50cal. overlooking main village.

Road into main village...

Poppy farm and irrigation dam

New guy on the block

Always some horsing around

STAY TUNED !

Paramedic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by fuzzhead; 08-06-2009 at 11:12 AM..
Old 12-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
Cptkanito

Send a message via MSN to Cptkanito
Default Re: [Map] Operation Archer - redux

I've never played operation archer but it looks immense, cant wait for it

Old 12-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

kool

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
Hitman.2.5

archer was good as it was, this looks better

Derpist
Old 12-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
SqnLdr
Project Reality Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to SqnLdr

Archer - Always a favourite. Looking really good, I must say.

[T&T] SqnLdr

| All Maps:
217.146.85.30:16567
Helping to encourage Team-Level public play one round at a time
Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69
PR:BF2 Developer

so will the old version of archer be replaced? or is this just some kind of improved version?

anyway if it offers the same gameplay (helis for main transport and support of crates) than i love it
Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
flickflackingfligger

nice job! operation archer is one of my favorites. Not alot of ppl play it, hopefully they will now

"My gosh, zee germans'r coming!"
Old 12-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
masterceo

i see a taliban with a...shotty, can't wait to see how the new taliban faction plays out

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
Old 12-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #9
Waaah_Wah
Banned

You cant improve something that is perfect. (Well apart from the lagg in the city)
Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #10
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]J.F.Leusch69 View Post
so will the old version of archer be replaced? or is this just some kind of improved version?

anyway if it offers the same game play (helis for main transport and support of crates) than i love it
The old version of Archer is now in the PR Museum This will be the newest edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
You cant improve something that is perfect. (Well apart from the lagg in the city)
Kind words, tyvm. Nevertheless, there's always room for improvement. Hopefully, we have nailed the video lagg/stutter.

Paramedic

Closed Thread

Tags
archer, map, operation, redux