project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #21
jozi02
Default Re: [Gameplay] Insurgency

I don't like those changes (especially about the insurgents faction, not the game mode).
I miss .6 and .7 insurgents
Old 12-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
Polka

I like wut u did with the kits there...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
martov

great, is a great work, but I think you are giving them too many weapons.

Insurgents are guys that pick up their gun from the closet and go to defend their homes. ussualy they dont have a G3 on the closet.

i yould recomend spawn points near the caches with poorly armed kits and that you should pick up those kits (the ones that are shown in your screenshots)using the request kit stuff without limiting the kits.

now THAT would be realistic.

BUT what you have done is AWERSOME, GREAT. much apreciated.

PD: now people will complain that INS win evry round.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
google

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
4. Coalition soldiers that kill collaborators outside of the ROE will get their positive score zeroed out + the current penalties. Same thing will happen if an insurgent destroys a weapon's cache.
Does this piss anyone else off? It' hard enough not to kill a Civi in the game allready, all they do is act like meat shields and look too much like regular insurgents. Personally, I think the civi was the dumbest idea for insurgents ever.

Main Alias |TG-6th|Googol
Old 12-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #25
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Out of interest, although I've never played it, who really would take the SKS with Insurgent? Like if you have the AKs and G3, both automatic, and can go single shot, why would you take the only semi automatic SKS? Smaller clip as well. Why not give the SKS to the sapper and take the lee enfield out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #26
black-wolf

NOOOOO! Not the lee enfield!
But I agree, who would take the SKS?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #27
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by google View Post
Does this piss anyone else off? It' hard enough not to kill a Civi in the game allready, all they do is act like meat shields and look too much like regular insurgents. Personally, I think the civi was the dumbest idea for insurgents ever.
I completely disagree with you. The civi is what should keep the coalition in check. Insurgents already have a hard time, even with the ability to set up defenses, and playing as a civ is impossible with all those Brits/Americans going trigger happy. Having your score zeroed out will really deter people from shooting at first sight and checking their target first.

This won't impede much in the coalitions fire superiority, either. It's finally going to be a true asymmetrical balance, and not an assymetrical unbalance.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #28
STORM-Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Out of interest, although I've never played it, who really would take the SKS with Insurgent? Like if you have the AKs and G3, both automatic, and can go single shot, why would you take the only semi automatic SKS? Smaller clip as well. Why not give the SKS to the sapper and take the lee enfield out?
SKS kit have grenade(s), G3/AK kit have Molotovs.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #29
jayceon515

Great changes I'm glad you've used all possible kit slots for the insurgents and given them more different weapons.

But what about more insurgent spawn points? Currently that's the major issue of this game mode. Including the fact you can no longer sprint as you could in previous releases and having only a few permanent spawn points makes the insurgent faction suck really hard.

And there's nothing written about this issue in the first post. I honestly hope something is being done about this, ie. making every cache a spawn point or maybe even reintroducing the spawn cars since the random RP system isn't an option anymore.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #30
McBumLuv

^Scot was refering to the second and third kit, who only differ in gun type it seems.

Unless of course that type of AK has medium range flaws and doesn't include bayonet/knife, the SKS could be a better choice.

Closed Thread

Tags
gameplay, insurgency, updates