project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 AM   #111
Yasin22

Default Re: [Weapons] Personal Defence Weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezza View Post
Really Really Nice Work guys but 1 thing bugs me off the m4 when it shoots why does it bounce up right why not back or up it goes right when you shoot :S still everything is so good made 0.8 will be the best pr version until now with an omg trailer i hope
hey i found a nother turk like me
Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #112
Yasin22

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Katarn View Post
#1 is not unrealistic considering you can actually do it that way.

#2 is something that could be debated. It lowers the probability of jamming significantly, so some may or may not take the risk.
katarn can you send me your avator to me i want the same one too
Old 07-31-2008, 07:25 AM   #113
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

I think the holy avatar of distraction is reserved to katarn alone
Old 07-31-2008, 08:46 AM   #114
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin22 View Post
katarn can you send me your avator to me i want the same one too
Saw the vid, it's not too great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #115
ostupidman
Supporting Member

Love the new animations other than the fact that they are SLOW. Could be framerate related, but there was no sense of urgency in them. In combat you get the old mag out and the new mag in as quickly as possible, an unloaded rifle is only useful as a club. The way that was depicting it, all the soldiers are just lazily reloading their weapons like they are on a firing line practicing. Maybe it's the frames I don't know. Did like the correct tactical reload on Mestia, arm under the rifle and pull charging handle.

If brute force doesn't work.......your not using enough of it.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #116
[NPK]ShieldBreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostupidman View Post
Love the new animations other than the fact that they are SLOW. Could be framerate related, but there was no sense of urgency in them. In combat you get the old mag out and the new mag in as quickly as possible, an unloaded rifle is only useful as a club. The way that was depicting it, all the soldiers are just lazily reloading their weapons like they are on a firing line practicing. Maybe it's the frames I don't know. Did like the correct tactical reload on Mestia, arm under the rifle and pull charging handle.
Have to disagree with you. Absolutely love them Sure it can look kinda unrealistic. IRL a trained soldier would do these animations much faster. What is important however is the actual reload time, and here I think PR hits home. There is one step of reloading that is not animated - exchange. Finding a new clip from the ammo bag can in extreme cases take several seconds. I'm sure the intention of the Dev team is bringing us realistic reload times. One option however is to shorten the whole sequence and add the "fumbling for full clip" animation, which sounds boring. Let it not count what time a soldier uses in optimal conditions, but an average.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #117
Nibbit

Chuc, ur the man!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wtf is a acronym

Old 08-06-2008, 03:43 AM   #118
=WFL= Sgt Bilko
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to =WFL= Sgt Bilko Send a message via Skype™ to =WFL= Sgt Bilko

So Katarns avatar will be in 0.8? Would make a great Personal Defence Weapon.

Put it on the billboard on Muttrah.

~~ He flung himself upon his camel and rode madly off in all directions ~~
Old 08-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #119
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by =WFL= Sgt Bilko View Post
Put it on the billboard on Muttrah.
Lol please do! Do you have any idea how many people would group around it just to watch? There will be 64 players standing in front of it
Old 08-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #120
GhostFace

DAMN IT!!! THIS IS PERVERS! I Love it! Holy shit, it's great! I am playing Airsoft in my freetime and that IS realistic. It isn't like CS, that you reload in 1sec... That is really Realistic!
Closed Thread

Tags
defence, personal, weapons