project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
25 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #121
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq
Default Re: [Weapons] Underbarrel Grenade Launchers

Even if it doesn't, players can download a program called Widescreen Fixer. You tell it your aspect ratio and press the ; button once you're in BF2; it adjusts FoV to the correct view.

So long as you use version 1.32, which has been submitted to and approved by EvenBalance (so pb won't kick you for using it), it's fine.

v1.32 available here:
http://www.imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer...ixer_v1.32.zip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #122
nedlands1

Nah it seem doesn't cut it. In my case it would only change the FOV whist unscoped.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:03 AM   #123
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Mmm? You sure about that? Pretty sure that the FoV fix remains whilst scoped; it certainly does whilst using ironsights.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Old 07-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #124
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
Mmm? You sure about that? Pretty sure that the FoV fix remains whilst scoped; it certainly does whilst using ironsights.
Quite sure. I tested it again with both ironsights and scopes. I used some in-game objects to check if the F.O.V was changing. I'm using v1.32 of the widescreen fixer.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #125
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Suprises me, it appeared to be adjusting the FoV when I was tinkering with it last night.

Either way at risk of skating on the thin ice of the NDA, I've used the grenade launcher textures from the video in-game and they worked fine on a 5:4 monitor. The marked ranges of 50, 100, 150 and 200m all worked fine, with no pre-practice I was able to sling rounds to within a meter or two of an attack marker.

Might work less well at 16:10's FoV, but it's certainly okay at 5:4. I'd like to be able to check it on a 16:10 but I can't at the moment.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #126
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
Might work less well at 16:10's FoV, but it's certainly okay at 5:4. I'd like to be able to check it on a 16:10 but I can't at the moment.
Well here's the original texture that I made for 16:10. As you can see it is a fair bit bigger that the 5:4 one.

EDIT: The ice is probably breaking under my skates.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #127
cyberzomby

oh cool! A widescreen fixer! Gotta try that one out this afternoon!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #128
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

would it be possible to release a 16:10 reticle for people like me that use that aspect ratio or will it screw with pb if it is on the client side??

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 07-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #129
DavidP
Banned

Finally some respect for us Grenadiers.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #130
baptist_christian

that has got to be....the coolest thing...i've ever seen...EVER
Closed Thread

Tags
grenade, launchers, underbarrel, weapons