project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #61
Prejudicial
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Fallujah West update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakils2 View Post
Reading some posts I have come to one conclusion- lots of players wants the USMC to be overpowered (well they are in real life, though). Tanks, Cobras... What else Chuck Norris? Give some chance to those poor freedom figters, too.
P.S. I wouldn't mind APC, transport helis, HMMWV's, even a single Cobra, but NO tanks.
How about an anti-vip game mode with chuck norris where the idea isn't to "get the VIP" but "get the heck away from the VIP".

But, back on topic, great looking map! Hoping for .8! (love those urban maps!!!)
Old 06-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #62
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

You mean hide and seek?
Old 06-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #63
EOD_Security-2252

Uh, I understand about USMC being overpowered, but Insurgents aren't "freedom fighters," they're terrorists. Also, USMC should have a couple tanks and at least 1 Cobra, it's Project "Reality."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Informally retired modder - Projects:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,PSC Faction
Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #64
Pvt_Parts

How about randomized vehicle assets for new maps? It could make one map seem like several.

There are several predefined balances of vehicles for the two sides, and it is chosen at random (similar to weapon cache selections, I'd presume).

Lousy example: If the Ins has emplacements (guns, sandbags, etc) and possibly a stolen/donated APC/tank, then US/UK gets Heavy attack helos or tanks. If Ins has lots of technicals, US/UK gets a few APCs. If US/UK doesn't get attack hellos or tanks or APCs, they get transport helos and a AH-6/Scimitar. If US/UK gets helos, Ins gets AA guns and a Stinger pickup. Maybe even a small chance that US/UK only has 1-2 jeeps and has commandeered civilian vehicles to use.

I do not know how far this model can be taken, but could capture points and mapper bunkers/assets/spawns be randomized (locations) as well?

Uninstalling and going away for a while...
..DSL connection is crappy again and summer heat is overheating computer.
..Too stressed to focus on a tactical game.
..I'm upsetting people on the forum.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 AM   #65
EOD_Security-2252

All I know is that, if you could do that, it would be a lot of code work that not many people would be willing to do.

Informally retired modder - Projects:
,PSC Faction
Closed Thread

Tags
fallujah, map, update, west