project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #71
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Default Re: [Gameplay] Deployable Assets

Or a "attack here" marker, though thats only for SL's. But i'm sure the devs could manage it so you can still see the "?" markers, since they indeed simulate pointing at something somehow.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #72
Colt556

Keep the map the way it is, countless times have I spotted someone running in the distance and opened up my map to check if it was a friendly. It's saved countless friendlies from being TKed. Without it, how would I verify if it's friend or foe? It'd be far too complicated to open up my map, use a protractor and compass to figure out my bearings, and the location of the enemy I see. Then to type in team chat if any friendlies are there. Then wait and pray to god that they respond, and THEN take the shot.....
Old 06-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #73
Enderjmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
A commander who does nothing except approve build orders is a waste of a position. Giving squads the ability to place assets down without commander approval helps since no one seems to want to be commander. However when a team does have a commander and does relay comm between squads and plans ordered attacks there is a noticeable difference between a team with and a team without. A team who cares about team play and team work will have a commander. Those that do not will not. This does not eliminate the importances of a commander, it simply eliminates the requirement of a commander. Keep in mind that Commander Assets (Command Post and JDAM strikes) will not be available without a commander.
Yes. Even when I command, I do something else other than Build orders... usually Recon/Transport with the Com. Truck/Bunker-on-demand (run around in Com. truck for those without).

I once spent the last hour of Kashan outside the enemy base (they were MEC), spotting when tanks were leaving or when the frog took off... only at the end did a sniper spot me... then I looked to my left and spotted an enemy rally... took that out, then the round ended.

I tend to try to do useful things when commanding.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #74
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
They most definitely will. You'll still need a CO for AreaAttacks (JDAMS) and other toys we have planned for the CO.
The JDAMs kind of a novelty right now, so it would really have to be upped in power or the timer decreased in order for anyone to actually go and stay CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Commander R.I.P. sad, understandable, but the wrong direction. Teams without a commander should loose. Simple Dont dumb down PR.
I agree.

Think about this. There is no CO and a stupid SL puts down a firebase in the most obvious spot. Well, you say "Wait for a CO to join to demolish it." Well, the CO joins halfway into the game and by this time, all the people on the team spawning in at that firebase have caused the team to lose a massive amount of tickets and lose. Firebases/Bunkers have the potential to be huge liabilities to the team in this way because we all know that most enemies will choose to camp the firebase/bunker over destroying it when they can. That means massive casulities and massive ticket loss.

Point is

-Bad Firebases/Bunkers= retards spawning into meat grinder

Then you have the rogue or rambo SLs that don't listen to you as I encountered yesterday. If they already have firebases up and they see that I take them down because they were poorly placed, that might have a reverse effect and turn the team against me because I destroyed their spawn. If I just leave it up and tell them to place another in a better spot, they might not listen to me because they already have a spawn and just want to fight.

Either way, lose-lose situation for CO kind of.

IMO, there should be a requirement like a SL having to have a certain amount of teamwork points and 5-6 people in his squad in addition to the points. If not, any CO that comes in midgame or replaces another will not be listened to if the SLs already have the firebases/bunkers up and on maps like EJOD, there is no JDAM for incentive.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #75
Sabre_tooth_tigger

CO can also designate a target for LGB from thousands of metres away, via the red cas symbol. Used properly LGB can change the game

They'll always be crap teams and crap servers where sl can get away with ignoring the CO or even tk, etc
I dont think this change will make poor discipline from sl to co any worse or any better really. It should make a regular pub team more organised more often which is good for gameplay.
A bad bunker can be blown up manually still or you could just switch to co for a second and demolish it, none of these changes reduces options allready available

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #76
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
CO can also designate a target for LGB from thousands of metres away, via the red cas symbol. Used properly LGB can change the game
There's only around 2-3 maps with jets though, so it isn't a big enough reason to be CO.

Quote:
They'll always be crap teams and crap servers where sl can get away with ignoring the CO or even tk, etc
I dont think this change will make poor discipline from sl to co any worse or any better really. It should make a regular pub team more organised more often which is good for gameplay.
A bad bunker can be blown up manually still or you could just switch to co for a second and demolish it, none of these changes reduces options allready available
It also has the potential to be highly abused because with more spawns set by the SLs, it could end up being very vanillaish because you have people running around everywhere instead of making them responsible as with a CO.

And by blowing up a bunker, it takes time and you risk killing friendlies who spawn and being kicked.

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 06-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #77
Darktrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
And by blowing up a bunker, it takes time and you risk killing friendlies who spawn and being kicked.
What do you mean ? I thought the bunker only disapeared... ?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #78
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktrooper View Post
What do you mean ? I thought the bunker only disapeared... ?
That's if you have a CO. He is suggesting that if you don't have a CO, you could just get rid of it yourself as in blowing it up yourself which is risky.

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 06-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #79
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77 View Post
can the number of Forward Outposts be diferent in each map? for example maps like kasrahn or quiling will requere more Forward Outposts than mestia or bi ming .
i still want this .
Closed Thread

Tags
antiair, assets, bunkers, commander, deployable, firebase, gameplay, hmg, outposts, razorwire, rules, sandbags