project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #41
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525
Default Re: [Gameplay] Deployable Assets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekyIRL View Post
I like the whole idea about there not needing to be a commander. Too many times have I seen people being forced to be commander just to get bunkers/firebases.
Me too... And so many time i seen people go commander just for give Target Coordinate for A10 since Laser from Soflam dont stay enought long time. Maybe something is on the way may be not, but, i think Squad Leader should be able to give target coordinate, whit or whitout commander. Close Air Support work whit Aircraft and Radioman down in the field, they dont rely on Commanding chain for that...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #42
Renegade Warrior

Sounds good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smoke going down!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #43
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcomatose View Post
I know but thats why i said good luck finding two huey pilots
You only need one
Old 06-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #44
Ironcomatose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
You only need one
In a perfect world, yes. In PR,

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #45
LudacrisKill

Hmmm... not too sure on this. I dont like the idea of squad leaders being able to deploy assets without a commander. Yes, its annoying when there isnt a commander to accept build order. BUT, how annoying is it going to be to see 2-3 firebases in the most stupid positions done by some idiot. [Idea: What about assets only being able to be deployed by a squad of 5-6?]

I liked the whole defensive/offensive asset system in 0.75. I hope by giving so much freedom on where to deploy them we dont loose the strategic options commanders have. I may be wrong, but I think we might see careless play with a bit more freedom.

I hope a lot of testing goes on before release, with so much antisipation and people expectations so high it could all go badly wrong
Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #46
hall0

Send a message via ICQ to hall0 Send a message via MSN to hall0

Nice changes
Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #47
Sabre_tooth_tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudacrisKill View Post
Hmmm... not too sure on this. I dont like the idea of squad leaders being able to deploy assets without a commander. Yes, its annoying when there isnt a commander to accept build order. BUT, how annoying is it going to be to see 2-3 firebases in the most stupid positions done by some idiot.

As soon as anyone goes CO they can remotely shut down these rogue or useless firebases in seconds with a right click of his mouse on the map.

CO has complete control in that respect

One thought I had about the CO post is what will be done about beach assault maps like Jabal.
Will this asset be tied to the beach flags and spawn in like a vehicle, it wont be much use situated on the carrier

Old 06-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #48
MarineSeaknight

Well, I thought the empty space was quite obvious...

Deployable TOWs?

PR Testing Team: Serious Business

Waiting for Reapar to become a DEV before I can quote him.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #49
Gunwing

Well I can see that the AAs, and the HMGs will help out big time when it comes to defence for fire bases. The AA guns will be back to normal for manual AA right? that crappy thing we have now IE Stinger turret sucks.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #50
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcomatose View Post
In a perfect world, yes. In PR,
I dont know what servers you play on, but i've seen pilots that are perfectly capable of dropping 2 crates in the same location
Closed Thread

Tags
antiair, assets, bunkers, commander, deployable, firebase, gameplay, hmg, outposts, razorwire, rules, sandbags