project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #71
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Gameplay] Medics and healing dynamics

^Bah, people never confirm kills anyway
Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #72
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

while we are at medic improvement anyway, would it be possible to simulate the medics extra training in the form of being able to indentify and fix the obvious injuries faster (bandages deploy time reduced) this would also help the frustration of being stuck by a corpse being covered by you squad while you have to wait for the field dressing to be deployed.

the way i see it, it helps the medic doing his job in combat situations and it seems more realistic that a medic with more medical training should be able to locate the injury and fix it faster and more efficiently than a normal grunt.

but great job devs, it really helps us medics but i just thought that i would add my two cents on medic improvements.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:32 AM   #73
Charity Case
Supporting Member

How will the respawn change effect kit reallocation? Will your kit remain on the battlefield until you "give up"?
Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 AM   #74
KP
Retired Moderator

This sounds pretty bloody great. I think it'll play out well.

As for the shooting of critically wounded people, I think it would be interesting to give it a try. If you're shot behind a wall or something - that is, if you use cover like you should - you could still be revived, as you'll drop behind cover. If you're involved in a heavy fire-fight, there might not be time to put those extra rounds into the guy, either. Plus, it's realistic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
Old 06-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #75
ZaZZo

WRT to something more interesting than the black screen:

Something like in FH2 when you get shot, your vision goes blurry and then falls backwards. Gives you more of a feeling that you just got shot and you're falling to the ground thinking "Oh shi.."
Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #76
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
IMO theres no point. Ppl would just fire a couple of extra bullets into the guy they just downed.
Isnt that against lots of rules of engagement anyway? If you include it, punish the player who does it.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #77
M.Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Brummy View Post
Don't you guys just simply love the DEVs?
No comment.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 AM   #78
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
Isnt that against lots of rules of engagement anyway? If you include it, punish the player who does it.
That's what I was thinking. The US or probably any country is supposed to care for the down or wounded, even if they are enemies. I think this would work if a squad was clearing a room and put some in the enemy as he was going down, but if he just comes across an enemy downed, how exactly is that realistic?

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 06-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #79
Oldirti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity Case View Post
How will the respawn change effect kit reallocation? Will your kit remain on the battlefield until you "give up"?
I too find great curiosity from this. Can a dev please talk on this issue?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #80
NickO

Send a message via MSN to NickO

This will work great if you make it so that the medic kits disappear immediately after the medic dies.

Otherwise you will be forced to kill every single person in a squad or one of them will have 60seconds just to defib every person. How will it work to play sniper now when if you kill the medic they can just smoke the whole map and then revive him by stealing his kit. It is unrealistic already that a soldier just learns in the process of half a second how to revive and bandage another soldier back to life but now this will happen all the time. It will basically be the same as it used to be with spawning on the squad leader only that rounds will last alot longer due to the fact that the tickets wont drain.

I havent even gone into how unbalanced this will be against the milltia faction who dont even have medics. They wont have any chance at all now to win because most of the time the infantry which you kill will just get revived. Fools road will be 10x more unbalanced than it is now unless you put a real army into that map instead of forcing the Milltia to play against a real army on a huge map where they have scopes and defibs and the millitia dont. The Millitia are only effective on smaller maps where there is 95% CQC unlike Fools road where they have no chance and they will have alot less of a chance now. Fuzzhead you are part of the PRT and you have seen twice now how unbalanced fools road is to the british side just because of the facts that they have defibs which save around 50 tickets a round (probably over 100 now) and the scopes which pwn the millitia iron sights any day.

I mean even to the most veteran players it is very rare that you come up on an enemy squad and you manage to wipe out the whole squad so that there isnt a single guy left who could (after these changes) just hide for 30 sec or so and then nick the medic kit and get reviving.

Just my opinion.

[GCA]Al-Khidr
When ever you make a post the thread becomes awesome NickO, but that is beside the point.
[GCA]Salah ad Din
NickO, I'll take a plane, fly to Sweden and personally ban you from the Internet.
Closed Thread

Tags
dynamics, gameplay, healing, medics