project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
19 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 03:19 AM   #21
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: [Gameplay] Medics and healing dynamics

I used to play as a medic regularly, but as many people know, it is exceedingly difficult to be effective in PR >0.6, although still possible. This change is very welcome, and although the community will lose my squad leading [which they'll probably be happy about because I'm on constant male-PMS] they'll get my defrib love back

Is there a way to keep the initial arming time for the field dressings as they are in 0.75, but have the time between throws after the first reduced (the dressing reload time)? I find it somewhat excessive, to the point where I've been shot by a G3 and haven't had enough time to throw my dressings before bleeding to death.

Either way, spectacular change, I'm very impressed!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #22
Drude

I wish that medics would be able to revive civilians. (which would count as capture - same as knifing) This would enable coalition forces to take down civvies in different way.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #23
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drude View Post
I wish that medics would be able to revive civilians. (which would count as capture - same as knifing) This would enable coalition forces to take down civvies in different way.
You're saying that they could use their defribs to capture, or that once a soldier has killed a civilian that a medic can come and negate the whole effect (killing civ = -7 intel, capturing them = +7 intel)? I can't say I agree on this one
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 AM   #24
.blend
Send a message via ICQ to .blend

Im loving it, dadadadada! *sings*

This is a desperately needed buff for the medic...
I always waste my defibs and bandages for ppl stuck into the ground, and i still cant revive em, so that extra ammunition will rly be of use.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:21 AM   #25
MadTommy
Supporting Member

5 minutes spawn for the win!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:31 AM   #26
ERASERLASER

The most important thing I thought the medic needed was a damn scope!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:31 AM   #27
Su34

Quote:
The timer is then switched to the normal spawn time of 30 seconds (plus other penalties) minus the time the player has already waited.
Does this mean, that you can wait 29 sec in "rivive-state", press "give up" then, watit a second an respawn in main or rally?

Thanks for answering!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 AM   #28
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

wow....this will make my job so much easier!

I'll have so much free time that I won't know what to do with myself

But with the lower health state after rezzing, will throwing a dressing down B4 reviving be considered an exploit?

Old 06-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #29
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su34 View Post
Does this mean, that you can wait 29 sec in "rivive-state", press "give up" then, watit a second an respawn in main or rally?

Thanks for answering!
Yes... if you wait longer than the 30 seconds.. and then realise the medic is down or not coming, when you hit 'give up' you will spawn straight away.

Dont forget you get an extra second for each death.. so if you have died 10 times you might as well wait 40 seconds before giving up. And if you've killed yourself you ain't gonna spawn for 60 seconds.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #30
Jimmy_Smack

This most likely isn't possible but would be very cool if someone was willing to put in the extra work:

It would be like in COD4, (not that I encourage that gameplay in PR) when shot you can go into a sort of last resort mode with your pistol pulled laying on the ground. In PR, you wouldn't have the pistol out but would be in physical pain. If the give up option was chosen, your character would end himself with his pistol.

2010 +3
Closed Thread

Tags
dynamics, gameplay, healing, medics