project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
24 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
jaspercat444

Default Re: [Gameplay] Medics and healing dynamics

The 60 second spawn time will really help Medics everywhere... finally, something that actually helps Medics!!! Hooraay!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #12
Ironcomatose

The one problem i see with this is that a lot of people are not going to know about the ability to "give up" and that leads to a lot of people being mad at the game.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #13
Ghost1800

and just like every release the people who are used to PR's changing nature will either explain the situation in a polite and brief manner... or go "RTFM!!!"
Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #14
vfn4i83

Can it be a option to be left toggled off, all the time ??????

║--║-╔══-╔═╗--║--║----║--¹--╔══╗-╔══╗--
║--║-╠═---║--║--║--╚══╣--║-╠══╣-╠═-------
-╚╝--║-----║--╚═╝--------║--║-╚══╝-╚══╝---
Old 06-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #15
Ironcomatose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1800 View Post
and just like every release the people who are used to PR's changing nature will either explain the situation in a polite and brief manner... or go "RTFM!!!"

You say that like its not a problem. Not to mention all the guys who will just give up. Not that im saying you cater to their needs but just an observation. Maybe at least you guys could make this change of the game VERY so we might be able to avoid the 2000 topics complaining about the spawntime.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #16
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

Beautiful, seriously, this is a great compromise between what is in now and making medics a great asset.

If you want them, they will now be a force to be reckoned with, as you have more time to clear a combat zone before reviving. If you dont want a medic, your loss, but you'll have to walk from your rally :P

Good news!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:33 AM   #17
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Brilliant change

I think you'll prolly see the spawn timer upped to 2 minutes, which is frankly not much time at all given db has figured out the "give up" thing. In fact, imo, I don't see why we wouldn't go to 3 or even 5 minutes. Could be a really meaningful ticket and also represents a discretionary evaluation the squad leader or members need to evaluate (eg: are they gonna get wiped reviving the guy, costing more than the ticket they could save).

This play element will also reward tactical players because they should *rarely* get burned by the timer expiring because a thoughtful, tactical play style should result in less situations where a guy is mandown in a completely unrecoverable circumstance (tho in the past it may have taken more than 30 seconds to get into a recovery position, 'specially considering the smoke takes a few seconds to build up).

Some folks will react poorly to a long spawn time when they don't know about the "give up" option, but any really decent game that people will eventually like is not something you make a decision on without some rtfm'ing.

Love this change - great work db!

Cheers!
egg

Old 06-03-2008, 02:47 AM   #18
black-wolf

As a medic, I love this!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:50 AM   #19
Spaz
Supporting Member

Really good changes but just like eggman said there will always be someone who will complain beacuse he/she doesn't know about the "give up" option.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:14 AM   #20
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-wolf View Post
As a medic, I love this!
In addition to current medics loving this, Im sure we'll see an increase in squads using a medic. With this new system, youll have the time to focus on clearing the immediate area and then revive them... before it was almost a crap shoot as by the time the threat was dealt with the squaddie was dead[most often youre just a second late, too!], or you had to rush out amidst a hail of bullets and hope the smokescreen was full enough/hope you didnt get shot.

I cant wait!
Closed Thread

Tags
dynamics, gameplay, healing, medics