project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
Michael Z Freeman

Default Bots and Mortars

I've been away from PR for a while. It's great to see so many maps with really well done Coop/AI support in the mod ! .

So I was surprised to be under mortar fire playing as the British on Al Basrah. I guess this is a deployable mortar kit on the other team ? Great to see mortar explosions again (well, as happy as you can ever be to see a mortar round ), I even thought for a moment that the commander artillery had been fixed and still wonder if there's a way to mod that into a single player game outside of the commander, but I guess that would interfere with Coop where a human player is often the commander and CAN send out artillery. But, anway, I don't think the British (or whatever side) bots can use the emplacement mortars to counter the deployable kit mortars that started firing on me. Is it impossible to make AI support for the mortar emplacements (the one's built by the Officer), or just something thats on a "to do" list somewhere. Cheers.
Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
[R-CON]Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Default Re: Bots and Mortars

Its not a mortar kit.
The devs created a secondary kind of mortar for ai.
The camera is set really high in air (bird perspective) and the bots are able to use them against the other team.
[R-CON]Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
Michael Z Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastjack View Post
Its not a mortar kit.
The devs created a secondary kind of mortar for ai.
The camera is set really high in air (bird perspective) and the bots are able to use them against the other team.
Right, yes. The same way Forgotten Hope does it, I see. I have noticed my side ... usually brits, USA, etc, mounting the mortars but they never fire which is why I was surprised I was getting mortar fire from the other side. So far could just be a fluke of the AI as I've only played a few rounds so far.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
Rabbit

Yep, melon did a great job with this and it really adds a lot to coop.

Rabbit is online now Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #5
Scubbo
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

its ruthless so you have to neutralize asap --- bloody good addition !

Scubbo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #6
Michael Z Freeman

It's sure a good replacement for the now non-existent AI commander artillery (BTW this was never broken in the latest 2142 patch) ... so looks like a I need to be building mortars, 1. where there's a stream of bots that will mount them like they do with the MG position, and 2. so it's fairly near to enemies to fire upon that bots can see from the raised position.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #7
Madar_al_Fakar

One thing that bothers me tough: The AI use the mortar against vehicles to destroy them tooooooooo quickly and wayyyyyyyyy too accurately! :/
Me and my friend were using a IFV when all the sudden we started to be hit by some explosions! we had no idea where they came from and they were super accurate and quick, so much as we were thinking it was an enemy attack helicopter but we knew they had no helicopters on that map! ;( Aaaand we weren't even standing in one spot we were moving around (on the highway overpass on Op Marlin) but were still being hit like crazy.
Please do something about this, reduce their accuracy against vehicles (that haven't been completely static) by 20 times. :P
Madar_al_Fakar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:59 PM   #8
Michael Z Freeman

Could be too accurate, but what is going on with these mortars. Has anyone else seen bots actually firing deployed mortars ? I thought I might need to give them a command through the binoculars but they just sit there ! Anone ?
Old 04-07-2016, 07:10 PM   #9
[R-CON]Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

They cannot use the deployable mortars spawned/placed by squadleaders! Those ones for human players.
The bots got their own mortars and they are not spawned by squadleaders. They got placed by the mapper or the guy who makes the coop layout (placing flags, vehicles, spawnpoints etc.).
[R-CON]Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:32 AM   #10
Michael Z Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastjack View Post
They cannot use the deployable mortars spawned/placed by squadleaders! Those ones for human players.
The bots got their own mortars and they are not spawned by squadleaders. They got placed by the mapper or the guy who makes the coop layout (placing flags, vehicles, spawnpoints etc.).
I see. Thanks for that. I've seen them mounting pre placed mortars as well, but they never fired. Could the coop team add a new buildable item "AI mortar" in the Officer build list. Obviously we don't want to break the mortar system for human players in coop.

Tags
bots, mortars, poxo is ghey