project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
kaiser185

Default Playing with 128 bots

Hey guys, i've veen playing with pr for a long time, but recently i've thought it would make the game much more exciting if I could play with more than 64 bots, the thing is, no matter what I try to do, I always end up with the teams horribly unbalanced, like 32 to 96 players, and I don't know how I can fix that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To be in peace, a nation must be ready for war, man the guns, draw your swords, stand at the frontline, that is the true meaning of peace.
-Anonymous
kaiser185 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: Playing with 128 bots

COOP/Singleplayer issues
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f311...er-issues.html

This one will really solve your problems but it requires you to edit files so backup your old ones
XP Bot Limit
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...bot-limit.html
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 11-15-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
kaiser185

could you explain in a little more detail what I need to do? it seems as if it doesn't work, I get the 128 players but I don't get evenly distributed teams

To be in peace, a nation must be ready for war, man the guns, draw your swords, stand at the frontline, that is the true meaning of peace.
-Anonymous
kaiser185 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser185 View Post
could you explain in a little more detail what I need to do? it seems as if it doesn't work, I get the 128 players but I don't get evenly distributed teams
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...bot-limit.html (Last Post)

I'm trying this, currently reinstalling project reality, so backup the files in C:/program files/bf2/mods/pr/ai and C:/users/[yourusername]/mydocuments/battlefield 2 before you do any change to those files

Edit: Don't do anything. Let someone who knows how to edit these things and know about python post. I don't know crap.

If you need default files and default CO-Op Settings, I can upload it to you to restore the CO-OP settings to default. Just PM me.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Arab; 11-16-2012 at 03:35 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Michael Z Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser185 View Post
This is something I've been looking into. BF2 appears to be setup by default to be able to 50/50 balance a maximum of 96 bots - 48 on each team. Anything above this will balance unevenly (any bots over 96 will go onto one of the teams leaving the other at 4. I've been experimenting with a custom autobalance.py script after some discussion on BF Editor Portal but no cigar yet.

Anyway, I think any bots above 96 don't receive orders from the commander and just stand around, although I think they will fight if the enemy is near.

BF2142 does not suffer from the balancing problem. You can have 50/50 balanced 128 bots. If this is to do with the Python or something in the executable I don't know yet, although even it its in the exe there can be Python work arounds.

EDIT: Does anyone have the server files for 0.87 ? This is what I'm testing with as it was the last release to work with BF version 1.41 - 1.5 broke a lot of bot functionality.
Last edited by Michael Z Freeman; 03-03-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Wait, does this mean we can get bot civies in turbans and burkas mulling about villages with thier children and goats and still play on a 64vs64 player server? omg omg

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
128, bots, playing