project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
T.A.Sharps

Default Challenge Fighting Bots?

I can't help but just feel dirty whenever I play CoOp because there obviously is a gigantic disadvantage to the BOT team for no other reason than intelligence (used loosely BTW) of live players.

Wouldn't it be a better experience if the live players were disadvantaged more than normal as far as times, availability, or options on the map?

I don't like the idea of limited kits though. I think that is one of the appealing things about CoOp. But, Vehicles and A/C pretty much dominate the BOTs. Once they are implemented all people running foot squads might as well disconnect and find another server.

Though I do not know if this would be totally a server issue, or if it can be changed on the development side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF REDNECKS.... UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.
T.A.Sharps is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
ShockUnitBlack

Default Re: Challenge Fighting Bots?

Coop, Ramiel infantry layer, set bot difficulty to 10% and send them all on the enemy team. Have fun fighting the horde.

ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
USMC scout sniper

The biggest thing is they have no morale. They're only hell bent on killing you, your buddies, and your capture points.

HELL HAVE NO FURY LIKE ME WITH A M249 SAW PIP!

USMC scout sniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

5 humans against 40 hard bots is hilariously hard and a great deal of fun, its like L4D except the zombies figured out how guns work!

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Outlawz7

A challenge? Play Lashkar co-op with bots on max difficulty and win.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
CTRifle

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle Send a message via Skype™ to CTRifle

Well lol, when bots have AA and jets you have almost no chance on the ground ahaha

Add me on xfire! controltherifle
CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Fastjack

Quote:
A challenge? Play Lashkar co-op with bots on max difficulty and win
Lashkar, Botskill 1 and win??
That will never happen. Bots scanning and shooting u through undergrowth, smoke and more.

Botskill 1?!
Sofar i remember from a bfsp post, bots have no penalties like deviation or what ever on max skill.

Another challenge for u : Street_2.

This tiny skirmish map .. ... we tried it with 15 or more humans vs 32 bots and Botskill 0.7 - 0.8.
Never captured the last flag "Pool". (not used wirefence tactics because it's boring)

Bots throwing grenades on roofs directly on ur head or shoot u down in a half-second action.
Than, the fog and light conditions of this map and the spawnpoint/rally's distance to other flags. So close and to much flags can be taken at the same time .... u getting problems with ur defense.

Winning is not problem.
The challenge is, capture POOL before the bots running out of tickets.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
LongHairedHuman

The thing is, they just keep coming... There is no stopping them, doesn't matter how much you kill them. I once ran CAS Huey on Muttrah. Ran out of hydras, and a squad was about to be overrun. I had to use my Huey as my last missile.

It was quite fun though.

It's also fun to run CAS with a trans Huey.

Splat.

LongHairedHuman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
[R-DEV]Rudd
Supporting Member

Quote:
The thing is, they just keep coming
thats the fun! they don't use any clever tactics, they just keep coming until you are dead or they are all dead

play perfectly or die!

Very busy IRL at this time, do not be suprised if I don't reply to PMs for prolonged periods.
[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
T.A.Sharps

I don't know guys.

The game you are all talking about sounds more challenging than the rounds I witnessed.

Maybe I need to play CoOp more often to see.

My last frustration with this was on Mattrah and we had the Bots totally pinned to the castle. Someone parked their APC infront of the doorway at the bottom of the castle and just lit every bot up as they exited. Also, the Helos where lighting up everything else hovering over the castle.

That went on for about 20mins or so.

It just felt so lame. I wanted to let the bots take a flag so we could have something to do.

EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF REDNECKS.... UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.
T.A.Sharps is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bots, challenge, fighting