project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
27 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Challenge Fighting Bots?

some maps are better than others for Bots imo

Maps like Ramiel 16 where the bots have a nice linear progression where their superior numbers can tell really gets the humans down

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #12
ComradeHX

Believe me when I say fighting against bots is actually really difficult; unless difficulty is under 80.

Bots are not smart but they can also HIT YOU while running...they do not follow PR deviation rules as far as I know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #13
Bob of Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Bots are not smart but they can also HIT YOU while running...they do not follow PR deviation rules as far as I know.
I think they hit while runnig because they fire so much, not because of super aim. The thing is that as soon as a bot knows you are they he will try and kill you, even at >300m. This is easiest to see with collaborator who uses a ?korpion. When you fight such a bot you'll get hit much more than normal due to the high fire rate.

The biggest issue in Co-op is when the humans get far too many assets compare to the bots. This is best seen on INS maps like Al Baṣrah. For example on Al Baṣrah the BAF (which 90% of the severs make you play on for a number of reasons) gets 4 Warriors (2 Co-op type and 2 normal type), 4 Scimitars (2 of each type again), 1 Lnyx, 1 Chinook, 1 Apache and some Land Rovers. To fight all this the Iraqis get (not 100%) 2 AT BRDM-2, 2 normal BRDM-2, and some techies. Now does this seem like a fair fight? It's the same with most maps since bot type armour needs to be added along side human type armour for when BLUFOR isn't all human. A good way to add more of challenge would be to lock out most, but not all, of the bot type armour from use by humans. There still needs to be a single bot type piece of armour for use in offline play.
Bob of Mage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
USMC scout sniper

Fallujah is nice map for bots. They spawn in buildings occasionally and you'll have and insurgent shooting at you from a window or rooftop.

HELL HAVE NO FURY LIKE ME WITH A M249 SAW PIP!

USMC scout sniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob of Mage View Post
The biggest issue in Co-op is when the humans get far too many assets compare to the bots. This is best seen on INS maps like Al Baṣrah. For example on Al Baṣrah the BAF (which 90% of the severs make you play on for a number of reasons) gets 4 Warriors (2 Co-op type and 2 normal type), 4 Scimitars (2 of each type again), 1 Lnyx, 1 Chinook, 1 Apache and some Land Rovers. To fight all this the Iraqis get (not 100%) 2 AT BRDM-2, 2 normal BRDM-2, and some techies. Now does this seem like a fair fight?
It's because coop replaced training, thus there's a bunch of assets so you can mess around with them, it's not supposed to be a fair fight or anything. Also what do you want the Insurgents to get? Havoks and T72s?

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
A.Finest
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to A.Finest Send a message via Skype™ to A.Finest

We actually got the Difficulty of the bots set to 80% on the UMA Server :P.. We might upp that by another 5% soon

Fighting Terror is a lifestyle...
A.Finest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Bob of Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz7 View Post
It's because coop replaced training, thus there's a bunch of assets so you can mess around with them, it's not supposed to be a fair fight or anything. Also what do you want the Insurgents to get? Havoks and T72s?
The issue is that the Co-op maps were designed for the stlye of play only found in offline play. The maps have asset layout for both teams to have bots, aswell as humans. Online it's always human v.s. bot, which causes issues due to humans being so smart (while most humans that is). One way to deal with these issues is to map layer designed for each play stlye. This would meant three versions of each map: one for BLUFOR to be all human, one for OPFOR to be all human (another option for this is to flip the factions so the MEC is BLUFOR on say Muttarh thus allowing humans to play on both sides of a map on the same map list on a human v.s. bot server), and one where each side is equal for offline play.

EDIT: I also want to add that most maps don't play well at all as OPFOR. Mostly this has to do with Carriers being uncappable and bots not knowing how to use Hueys well (as in they hover over points and often fly into each other).
Bob of Mage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
T.A.Sharps

Update:
I started playing Coop single player, full bots vs just me, with their tickets in the multi-hundreds. Kind of like a Z-day thing, its been pretty fun too. Especially if I challenge myself to do it only with the Sniper kit.

Though online matches between bots and people would be a lot more fun if the people had very limited assets.

People stuck to all INF vs 80% bots would be pretty hard.

It would be really nice if you had two separate bars, one to adjust the accuracy and the other the "intelligence" levels (such as running straight to you vs wandering around like cows) of the bots rather than just "bot difficulty".

EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF REDNECKS.... UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.
T.A.Sharps is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bots, challenge, fighting