project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR Community Event Forums > Community Events > Feedback
23 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Feedback Feedback on Events Played

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
cyberzomby

Default Re: Great game

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatabrask View Post
Ah nice to see your post and your experience Well we came to this plan with a nice command staff as well Vilhelm, Rico and McLuv where in it. I loved that part. Talking about the map and possible strategy's!

Tell you the truth as soon as you guys hit our lines I thought our plan went out the window. Yankee line got over-run pretty fast, as did Xray. So its fun to see it actually worked.

The assault team's plan was to take the flag but also cause enough trouble and chaos as they could. So they didnt really had an objective. Just get in there and kill :P

I agreed on the offensive plan. You just dont let the enemy dictate your defense. And thats what you do by bunkering down by a flag at round-start. Theres always time for that when you get pushed of your lines

You british gave us a good fight I'd say! With whiskey going down 2 times. Range-Rovers havoccing around! Good round all the way

And yea too bad about the end but lets not let it ruin the great fight and week of preperation

And P2KK, thats too bad A shame if it turns out this way when you where looking forward to something like this.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
vilhelm123

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post

Tell you the truth as soon as you guys hit our lines I thought our plan went out the window. Yankee line got over-run pretty fast, as did Xray.
Over-run at xray should read we gave you brits about 10meters and then cained you back into the stoneage.

Lots of love
Vilhelm xx
Old 03-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
thedoombringer0
Supporting Member

Yankee never got fully over run just a constant tug of war between my squad and the brits =P

Known also as "Adamski"

Old 03-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #14
akatabrask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
You engaged a different squad...[/img]
So you mean xray defence were as far up as by our walls? Cause we engaged somebody just next to our machinggun tower who had a machinegun and a buddy further down (think the landys took them out). But of course I might be wrong, but what you say is quite logic since we didn't see any enemies untill we'd gotten pretty far up (allthough that was a part of the plan right?.'

Quote:
Tell you the truth as soon as you guys hit our lines I thought our plan went out the window. Yankee line got over-run pretty fast, as did Xray. So its fun to see it actually worked.
Really? wow, cause as soon as my squad got engaged first time we were killed within pretty much 10 seconds, and you'r guys just kept comming and comming from xray, we barely moved beyond the first ditch

Quote:
You british gave us a good fight I'd say! With whiskey going down 2 times. Range-Rovers havoccing around! Good round all the way
Yeah, i remember when my squad succeded to reach whiskey for some reason and it was completely desolate. I was afraid of an enemy popping up anywhere in a house and shoot me, so i hid in a house. But then a technical came and pinned me down in there and someone else killed my squad, so you were pretty fast at regaining control over it.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #15
SqnLdr

Send a message via MSN to SqnLdr

Whiskey was awesome - Never had so much fun with an AK. Full auto, coordinated assault on buildings, watching a whole enemy squad come over the dyke in the perfect position to ambush the lot - priceless
Thankyou all!

[T&T] SqnLdr
Tactics & Teamwork | All Maps: 217.146.85.30:16567
Helping to encourage Team-Level public play one round at a time
Old 03-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #16
Cpl.Small

Send a message via MSN to Cpl.Small

thanks all, may have lost the battle but my defence squad did it's job! never been so proud! lol. just dissapointed i didn't get to have my commanders knife fight!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
epoch
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Considering I wasn't even planning to play (stood in for someone) I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Always a pleasure serving under Vilhelm123 - an excellent, calm, methodical tactician.

I'm assuming (fellow R-CONs??) that there'll be a public session of this map soon, and I look forward to playing it again. Would love to see this map back in the mod.

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
cyberzomby

Quote:

Really? wow, cause as soon as my squad got engaged first time we were killed within pretty much 10 seconds, and you'r guys just kept comming and comming from xray, we barely moved beyond the first ditch
Yea but I got that feeling more because of Doom's Tug O war over at Yankee's and a 2 squad-leaders "screaming" for a technical.

Quote:
Yeah, i remember when my squad succeded to reach whiskey for some reason and it was completely desolate. I was afraid of an enemy popping up anywhere in a house and shoot me, so i hid in a house. But then a technical came and pinned me down in there and someone else killed my squad, so you were pretty fast at regaining control over it.
haha yep! We had the technicals up as cavalry units basicaly worked pretty well I'd say. But your right! Suddenly Whiskey was neutral and I saw a few units next to it but not in radius. Another moment where I thought: Oh boy what now!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #19
Rico
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
So you mean xray defence were as far up as by our walls? Cause we engaged somebody just next to our machinggun tower who had a machinegun and a buddy further down (think the landys took them out). But of course I might be wrong, but what you say is quite logic since we didn't see any enemies untill we'd gotten pretty far up (allthough that was a part of the plan right?.'

Nah the defence squad didnt come closer than the road as far as I know. One guy did sneak round behind the landrovers shortly after our assault, but other than that the only other people to get near was my assault party at the start of the round which we only did once, and then played fast response in the second technical.

The defence line was deliberately placed on the ridge the other side of the forest, due to good nade trap locations, cover, and firing lines.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
Wilkinson

Send a message via AIM to Wilkinson Send a message via MSN to Wilkinson Send a message via Skype™ to Wilkinson

I drove my UN Vehicle around. I went offroading too. But Apparently SOMEONE FROM THE DEFENSE SQUAD DIDNT HAVE THEIR GLASSES ON and shoot the Big Smurf in the face. nice. I learned how to do a 360 in the SUV as well. And next time if I judge I'm just kicking everyone with a kill. I got tired as well and left

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, game, great, helmands, return, win