project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Matt92

Default Texture lag under Win7

So I'd like to play PR, but it stops for a dew secs at every ~5 meters like Source games used to do it on older configs with high quality textures. This not only happens with PR but also with FH, UT3 and some other games since i Use Win7 (32 bit). Is there any patch or solution for this?
Matt92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Skull
Default Re: Texture lag under Win7

hi

what we need:
we need your explicit pc specs.
you should check if drivers are updated.
which version of win7 are you using?
did it start exactly with win7 install?

what you do:
run those apps with compatibility/admin rights.
any other issues:
- ingame: long loading times, texture loading too late etc.
- outgame (interesting word Oo): win7 lagging, pc taking long time to copy/load stuff/boot
run a stress test on your ram.
install gpu-z/cpu-z and run it while playing and post the results here.

that should be enough for now

regards,
skull

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is Temporary, Pride stays forever. - Unknown
Skull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Matt92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull View Post
hi

what we need:
we need your explicit pc specs.
you should check if drivers are updated.
which version of win7 are you using?
did it start exactly with win7 install?

what you do:
run those apps with compatibility/admin rights.
any other issues:
- ingame: long loading times, texture loading too late etc.
- outgame (interesting word Oo): win7 lagging, pc taking long time to copy/load stuff/boot
run a stress test on your ram.
install gpu-z/cpu-z and run it while playing and post the results here.

that should be enough for now

regards,
skull
I have a Q6600 2,4 GHz CPU, GeForce 8600GT (256MB), 2GB memoryand an ASUS P5KR motherboard. Everithing worked on XP with a dying HDD full of bad sectors (now i have a new one). I did try compatibility mode (XP SP3) and admin mode and disabling desktop theme, even Game Booster, i did a deep clean (registry, defrag, etc) with IOBit tools, but nothing helped. My drivers are up to date, I'll try your other suggestions after Windows update is ready. Game loads faster then it used to on my old HDD and XP, and runs fast and smooth when not loading textures.
Edit: I downloaded cpu and gpu-z, what should i report?
Last edited by Matt92; 01-20-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
Just_A_Thought

I'll let others who know more about this give you a better answer, but one possibility is that the 2B RAM may not be enough, especially for high textures.
Just_A_Thought is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
Bottenbreker

Yes, I think your RAM is bottlenecking your system. Windows 7 uses a lot more RAM than Windows XP. 2GB is really not that much for a Windows 7 system. If you increase your RAM up to 4gb (or more if you like), I believe you should be fine.
Bottenbreker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 AM   #6
Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt92 View Post
you actually dont need cpu z, task manager will do it, run task manager and gpu z, play a lil, then tab out, give us the approximate usage of your cores/ram (task manager) and in gpu z you go to sensors and give us the gpu load (will drop after you tabbed out).

which settings are you running on?
i assume you tried lowering the settings already, what was the result?
if the problem vanished than the problem simply that the ram usage of win7 is a lot higher than xp and cant handle it anymore
if the problem presist, i think you might have some problem with your ram -> stress test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I'll let others who know more about this give you a better answer
thx for the hate, its always nice to see people unnecessarily lengthen an already unnecessary post to offend someone.
and for the record, i bet i do know a lot more stuff than most people here but im not one of those persons pointing out wild expectations without any knowledge about the problem.

regards,
skull

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is Temporary, Pride stays forever. - Unknown
Skull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:20 AM   #7
Bottenbreker

Quote:
thx for the hate, its always nice to see people unnecessarily lengthen an already unnecessary post to offend someone.
and for the record, i bet i do know a lot more stuff than most people here but im not one of those persons pointing out wild expectations without any knowledge about the problem.
I think you pulled his words out of context. I believe he was referring to himself, not to you.
Bottenbreker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
Th3Exiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt92 View Post
I have a Q6600 2,4 GHz CPU, GeForce 8600GT (256MB), 2GB memoryand an ASUS P5KR motherboard. Everithing worked on XP with a dying HDD full of bad sectors (now i have a new one). I did try compatibility mode (XP SP3) and admin mode and disabling desktop theme, even Game Booster, i did a deep clean (registry, defrag, etc) with IOBit tools, but nothing helped. My drivers are up to date, I'll try your other suggestions after Windows update is ready. Game loads faster then it used to on my old HDD and XP, and runs fast and smooth when not loading textures.
I'd say your video card is the problem, 256MB is very little, certainly not enough memory to store everything it needs on it on high settings.

Exiled.
Th3Exiled is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #9
Matt92

Quote:
you actually dont need cpu z, task manager will do it, run task manager and gpu z, play a lil, then tab out, give us the approximate usage of your cores/ram (task manager) and in gpu z you go to sensors and give us the gpu load (will drop after you tabbed out).

which settings are you running on?
i assume you tried lowering the settings already, what was the result?
if the problem vanished than the problem simply that the ram usage of win7 is a lot higher than xp and cant handle it anymore
if the problem presist, i think you might have some problem with your ram -> stress test

regards,
skull
Games run well on lower texture settings, so its probably my ram, is there anything to kill unneccesary memory eating tasks with, or i have to get back to XP?
Matt92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #10
Cpl.Pocket

Quote:

regards,
skull
I think you misinterpreted something.
Cpl.Pocket is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lag, texture, win7