project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
rickjames1234
Default Computer Freezes after 15 minutes.

Hello, I seem to have a problem running PR. After about 15 minutes my whole computer crashes and forces me to do a whole restart. It seems to always be at the same exact time, no matter which map or what game mode. My computer specs are... (not sure if they really matter)

CPU: I7 950
Mobo: Asus X58 Sabertooth
Ram: x6gb OC3 ddr3 1600mhz
Western Digital 1tb hard drive
Nvidia gtx 260

Thanks in advance, if there is anything more I should add please tell me...
rickjames1234 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Johncro
Default Re: Computer Freezes after 15 minutes.

Do you have any sort of monitor for your temps for CPU and GPU?
Also, this could be related Click me

Edit
More links, these could help?

Click

Click me

Clicky
Last edited by Johncro; 12-15-2010 at 02:09 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
bricenott
Arrow Re: Computer Freezes after 15 minutes.

I got tired of battling with W764, so I switched back to XP32, now my PC doesn't freeze, I just get the usual really intermitent CTD's... Perhaps now that I say this I just need to get a copy of Windows XP 64, because I think my CTD's are memory handling related form WXP32 !!!!.... just to see how it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames1234 View Post
Hello, I seem to have a problem running PR. After about 15 minutes my whole computer crashes and forces me to do a whole restart. It seems to always be at the same exact time, no matter which map or what game mode. My computer specs are... (not sure if they really matter)

CPU: I7 950
Mobo: Asus X58 Sabertooth
Ram: x6gb OC3 ddr3 1600mhz
Western Digital 1tb hard drive
Nvidia gtx 260

Thanks in advance, if there is anything more I should add please tell me...
bricenott is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
rickjames1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncro View Post
Do you have any sort of monitor for your temps for CPU and GPU?
Also, this could be related Click me

Edit
More links, these could help?

Click

Click me

Clicky
I am pretty sure it is not an over heating issue, because it would not pass bootup if the temp got high enough to trigger a reset. I also play multiple other more resource demanding games for more than a few hours, such as ArmA2OA or Crysis. If I really have to, I might install xp on another drive and try it with that, but I remember playing PR on win7 a while ago.
rickjames1234 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
Sex_Cactus

Hate to be a buzz kill, but this problem is with the game code. For some reason, some of us Win7 users just get unlucky and the game decides it's going to screw us good and hard. Someone told me what basically happens: apparently something wrong with the code makes the game fail to mention to our computer that the video memory needs to be recycled, so it just builds up until your computer is full, which is when it freezes. There's really nothing you can do to prevent this. I found that setting textures to low give you some extra time, but only sometimes. On Beirut I once played a full game after playing the end of the game before. But another time I played for no more than 20 minutes. It seems totally random, so it's probably dependent of how the players affect the game environment (more action = more video memory usage).

I've tried literally everything to try and get my brand new computer, which can play any game out there on max settings, to play PR, but it won't. Neither would my old computer, which used to play it just fine but wouldn't when I switched to Win7. So I would just give up, save yourself the frustration, and wait for the next patch and hope like hell they've resolved the issue. Or you could revert to XP or Vista. That's the only solution until the new patch comes out.
Last edited by Sex_Cactus; 12-21-2010 at 08:06 AM..
Old 12-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Are you using hyperthreading? If not try with setting the process affinity to only one core. Maybe there is some problem with switching cores.

Check if your mobo firmware is up to date.

Are you running 32 or 64 bit win7?
How much ram does windows say is "Usable"?

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
[R-COM]SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
computer, freezes, minutes