project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
02 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
foob

Default Sound Static

Hello

Im having issues with my sound in game.
When i play project reality i get this static sound over the top of the regular noises (ONLY when i play PR) it tends to be selective to these new maps (yamalia, iron ridge ect.) and the larger ones in particular, however i have had it on maps like karbala but its rare.. its really more frequent on the new large 0.9 maps
NOTE: the noise is NOT constant and comes around fairly randomly although ive noticed it seems to always happen when im driving a vehicle on the new maps that is

Ive been playing PR since 0.8 and i have never previously had this static noise, its only since the 0.9

Ive tried changing settings around like quality and EAX on/off with no results
Ive even tried turning my graphics down and that doesnt help either
the thing i find most strange is that it also affects my teamspeak (when playing PR and the static noise comes around)

im running:
onboard sound
E8400 intel core duo 3.00ghz
4g ram
Nvidia 9800gt
Win 7 64bit

so yeah any ideas? i was thinking a reinstall or investing in a sound card, even though it only happens in PR
foob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Default Re: Sound Static

try updateing/reinstalling your sound drivers (i suggest to use a driver cleaner tool)

check if your audio setting are wrong (i.e. u are using a headset but 5.1 speaker system is selected)

other than that I think it might be a hardware failure
either due to overheating (dedust the fans, check your temps)
or simply broken

have a look at the mainboard and cards and see if capacitors are leaking, bloating or rusting (http://www.mad-monkey.co.uk/resource.../capacitor.jpg) this means grave system failure is imminent and the part needs to be replaced

if the sound chip is dying you will most likely need to replace the whole board, simply getting a sound card might help in the short term but that mainboard will probably not last much longer.

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
[R-COM]SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
sound, static