project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
odin24seven
Default Re: x64, BF2.exe drops to 0% CPU and PR freezes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGuy View Post
I personally do not trust the x64 Processors, first all it is much slower and most things play terrible or crash and not even open with basic stuff. And no, overheating is not the problem. Project Reality is a 32 bit game.

Never get a x64 or 64 bit processor for any reason. Always get Core Duo.

All desktop cpu's have x64 bit support
odin24seven is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #12
coroneln

Send a message via MSN to coroneln Send a message via Skype™ to coroneln

I am having the same problem and not only with PR but with Vanilla also.

Other games will run perfect on high settings yet BF2 or PR will show the same symptoms as described in the original post.

My machine is even higher end i7 920 3gb tripple channel 1800mhz mem, 2 X Nvidia GTS250 1gb ddr on SLI sata 7200 RPM 1tb HDD....

I have Realtemp and 1 gadted that shows network usage running and a processor load.
I have a second screen so i can see the gadgets with the load and stuff

The load will go to 0% the network too and the temps will be hoovering 57 / 60 C and drop to 40 in the no load part....

BF2 runs at AA X8 all settings high (BFBC2 run AA X16 at the same res w/o problem) PR has AA X2 and textures medium else was CTD on map load....

To the person suggesting affinity; both in PR and BF2 i see constant use of each of my 4 cores at a steady 30% until this problem appears.

And something else sometimes stuff around me keeps moving but i dont.... meaning... for example i was on vanilla about to take an APC and I freeze there i still see the minimap (no sound thou) and i can see the bloody APC pass in front of me (and hear an imaginary HAHA... from the perosn who got it... )

My kingdom for a solution.... (rthis rig has only given grief since i put it together)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the Grave, in a well preserved body
But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting... "Holly Shit... What A Ride!"
Rock Radio Station:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It might be written in spanish but it is only Heavy Metal from everywhere
Sales web site:
coroneln is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
Ghost Dog

I 'm having the same problem with Win7 64bit. I recently installed it next to my Vista Ultimate 64bit and found out last night that I can't finish a single round without a complete system freeze (only solution is hard reboot). It can happen after 5 minutes or half an hour, it seems to be random and only happens in PR, Team Fortress 2 runs fine on highest settings.

I know it 's not a hardware problem since I 'm playing on the same hardware as my Vista 64bit, so I 'm pretty sure it 's driver related. I first played with all standard Win7 drivers except for my Nvidia graphics card, but in the meanwhile I have updated my soundcard, NIC and chipset drivers to the latest version...

I have checked my Event Viewer but no errors are logged upon system freeze, nor is there a dumpfile created which usually happens when a driver crashes.

Will do more research and hopefully find a solution.

Edit: Interesting read: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...3-eb96cd6d8c8e

Going to try and install Direct X9.0c.

Edit 2: Didn't work, game crashed after 2 minutes...

| Ingame: GhostDog |
Last edited by Ghost Dog; 06-17-2010 at 07:22 AM..

Tags
bf2exe, cpu, drops, freezes, x64