project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
myles

Default Cant install operation snow storm

My PR works fine nothing wrong with it. I downloaded the map and then try to install it and it says 'windows can not open this file windows can either go online or manully slect from a list of programs installed on your computer'. This dosent happen on any other download please help.

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Cant install operation snow storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
Did you install PR with "PR-Downloader"? If so. Go here

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...r-v0-87-a.html

And re download it and run it. It will add a missing file that will let you install the Map pack.

I Had the same issue and it's [R-DEV]AncientMan fault for not telling me about that file when I made the "PR-Downloader".

It was also an issue for players wanting to use the PRSP. [R-DEV]AncientMan has added a system check to all new installers for PR. Wish he had told me

All is fixed now
that should help.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Fileplanet and the German mirror has the file as a .RAR. Maybe you dont have a program to open that file type?
If not, I recommend 7zip. Other programs are winrar or winzip.

Last edited by Zrix; 12-21-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Oddsodz

WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

As Zrix says. It's in a ".rar" archive format. Go to WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files and download and install "Winrar"

Or, just make life easy and install the map pack from my web server.

http://www.oddsodz.com/downloads/pr_...torm_setup.exe

On a side note.

".rar" is a great format for zipping things up. But it is not widely used by the joe public. It's mainly used by the "Scene" community. And so to uses it for stuff here at PR is not always going to be the best thing. As this users has found out. I Suggest when PR release stuff in the future. It sticks to the ".zip" format that most users will understand and has native support in Windows.

But then again, If I had my way. It would all be "tar.gz"

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
Redamare
Supporting Member

install winrar Snowstorm is in a Rar file just downlaod that is like a zip file

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Nimise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
install winrar Snowstorm is in a Rar file just downlaod that is like a zip file
7-Zip>winrar
Nimise is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Oddsodz

Command Line# untar xkvf file.tar.gz folder>>all

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
myles

Nice and quick thx guys

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

myles is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
install, operation, snow, storm