project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
Atsilieri
Exclamation CTD after playing few minutes on a server.?Fixed!

Hello. I have read alot about CTDs now, but none of the solutions I've read so far helped.
I was thinking about trying to make my BF2 windowed instead of maxed screen, maybe an error or something pops up before the Crash, but I haven't figured out where to change the options...

I enter the server, all good, I run around etc. Nothing bad happens, it's all perfect, then usually on the 1-3 minute, I get a black screen, with a red line on the upper part then I'm at the destkope..

My PC runs BF2 and PR perfectly. I have been playing PR for 1 and a half week, without problems, before that I had pr.exe problem and was solved by a reinstall. I really hate reinstalling games, I used to play World of Warcraft, it was with 2 xpacks (WotLK & TBC), the original game had 5 discs, TBC had 4 and WotLK was on 1 DVD. Then there were like 10 patches to apply before you could play. Really annoying, takes around 15-30 min.

I'm having a pirated installer for BF2 and BF2:SF, simply because I broke my BF2 disc and my BF2:SF is at my brother's, I've taken pictures from the CD-keys with my phone, so whenever I need to reinstall, I don't have to run and check the box for the serial. I have played BF2 like 3 years +. And BF2142 for about a year, with NO problems.

Also, I suggested this mod for my cousin, and I'm so jealous of him, he had it working in like 10 minutes without ANY problems at all. And his been playing for 2 weeks now.

I'd be very thankful for your help!
Last edited by Atsilieri; 11-14-2009 at 08:09 PM..
Old 11-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
thepalerider

Arrow re: CTD after playing few minutes on a server.?Fixed!

Run PR in 'windowed' mode
If you still have problems but get no error messages
run PR in 'windowed' mode to see if any error messages come up
(instead of running in full screen, it runs in a 'window')
To do so
Right click on shortcut.
Choose properties from bottom of list.
Modify the text in your shortcut's 'target' window.

Change
+fullscreen 1
to
+fullscreen 0

Then Google or use 'search' on Project Reality web page for the error message you get.

PS Don't talk about 'pirate' or 'hacks'.
If your CD is broken you can easily download the game again to reinstall
for free from EA as long as you have a valid online account.
( good time to back it up)

Good luck
Welcome to PR
"Project reality, it's all about the teamwork."

"There's nothin' like a nice piece of hickory"

I play on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
where it's all about the teamwork.
thepalerider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Atsilieri
Default re: CTD after playing few minutes on a server.?Fixed!

I'm sorry, I just never felt like downloading 2-3gb with my crappy internet, it's stable and works for gaming (30 kb in sec). I know I could download from EA, but I also had a p*****d game on my Downloads HDD, so I figured, yeah.. I could just use that and my CD-keys. Thanks for the reply though.

I have no idea how I actually fixed it. I messed around ALOT, and then just tried playing and it was gone. I did dig deeper into the forums, found a thing about memory eating, and that might be causing CTDs and stuff, I installed the C++2008 (I think that's what it's named), restarted and it was all fine. I also ran my pc over with CCleaner, installed Windows updates, that's basically all.

Just love this game. You guys are the most kickass in the world,
-Atsilieri.
Atsilieri is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ctd, minutes, playing, server, serverfixed