project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
col.sanders47
Exclamation Full System Freeze When Playing .87

Ever since I've started playing .87 I have the game has been freezing at seemingly random points during game play. I will have been playing for awhile and then all of a sudden, no sound loops or shuddering or performance issues, the game will completely freeze. But it's not just my game, its my whole computer. I can't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete or anything, I have to do a full system restart. Now I know that there is thread about this happening but I don't have any sound loop problems it just freezes. I've check my graphics card settings to see if it is crashing but that's not it.

System Specs:

Core i7 920
EVGA Motherboard SLI LE
ATI 4650 HD
3GB Crucial Memory
Windows 7 64-Bit

Attempts to fix:
I have download the hotfix for anti-aliasing alt-tab problems
I have restored to the old .dll file before the hotfix
I have set my bf2.exe and pr.exe processes to use core 0 only
I have ran this in compatibility mode for xp, vista and so on
col.sanders47 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
Peeta
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Full System Freeze When Playing .87

I don't think this is a game bug... The masses are not reporting something so something on your end has gone wrong, I would start by reverting back to Vista or XP instead of 7.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Nimise

This happens to me also(only since .87) my whole computer will freeze with looping sound.
Nimise is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
mr.cuddelywuddely

i had this in 0.86... turned out my videocard was completely fried...
mr.cuddelywuddely is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
Killer2354

well that happened to me once but i found out later that it was my MOTHER BOARD that was fried... more so because i couldn't turn my computer back on until i got a new one.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
col.sanders47

Well thank you for all you suggestions but I found my problem. Apparently BF2 put a messed up cd key in the registry when I installed it. The reason PR ran at all was because I also installed Special Forces which pr.exe was using instead of bf2.exe thus the reason for my freezing and crashes. I reinstalled bf2 and lo and behold I couldn't connect to any bf2 game because it said my "CD KEY is invalid" but after I added x9392 to the beginning of my cd key in the registry file and typed in my cd key manually (without dashes) it fixed my problem.

If anyone else is having this problem I hope this information has helped.
col.sanders47 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:19 AM   #7
MrScruff

I used to get this problem. I think for me I figured it out in a week. I dunno my computer specs but basically Im playing on a Mac Book Pro, running windows through Boot Camp 2.0. I have 4gb ram and a dual processor and have a 8600GT Nvidia Graphics Card.

At one point I tried to max out my setting in the NVIDIA control panel to see how well my card could perform. After playing PR for sometime I was wondering why PR kept freezing with sound loops at the most inappropriate moments. Windows would then crash and I will have a blue screen

I only realized after a while that I had changed my graphics settings and reverted everything back to default. Afterwhich I have never had freezing problems again. Apart from connection problem, or the occasional CTD.

Hope this helps anyone.
MrScruff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Generally I've read that a Crash + Looping sound whilst playing BF2/PR is due to overload on certain IRQ channels, due to conflicting hardware (2 devices sharing same IRQ).

My GFX and Sound card were both on "IRQ 16" and therefore cause my pc to crash sometimes when playing resource intensive games like PR. To fix the problem I simply moved my Sound card from the slot it was in, to the other PCI slot available on my motherboard.

To check for conflicting Hardware / sharing IRQs

Simply Go "Run..." (Run command) and type msinfo32
Expand 'Hardware Resources' and then click 'Conflicts/Sharing'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WeeGeez is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
freeze, full, playing, system