project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
16 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
PlasmaSoldier

Default Lagging when flying helicopter/FIXED!

Hello guys!

Always when i play PR online my helicopter suddenly laggs and crashes.
For example when i'm playing a training server and i take a Huey i lift off and go somewhere and then on my way there, a text suddenly pops up saying that i lost connection. The text is there for aabout 1.5 seconds, then the text goes away and my helicopter is going right down to the ground. It is almost the same thing with planes. I dont know what the problem is and i think it is something to do with my router.

I Like Plasma!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PlasmaSoldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Acelondoner

Default re: Lagging when flying helicopter/FIXED!

What is your connection speed? Also check what your ping is when in a game. The higher the number, the more lag you will get which can end up with the problem your having.
Acelondoner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
PlasmaSoldier

My Connection Speed is 8mbit/s but I use wireless so i dont know the connection speed between the router and my computer. My ping is about 67 on the training server.
Hope this helps

I Like Plasma!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
Acelondoner

Hmmm.... I used to get the same message come up when i had a 2mb connection but i recently upgraded to a 10mb connection and it's fine now. You shouldn't be getting problems? Have you tried using a different server?

EDIT: Try and go on a Swedish server as you will get a better ping. I'm from the UK and when i go on a UK server, I usually get a ping between 10-20.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
PlasmaSoldier

i've tried using diffrent servers but it dosent work

I Like Plasma!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
Acelondoner

Try lowering video settings??? lol... To be honest, I don't know what else i can say? You shouldn't be getting the message with the ping and connection you have. Oh, you could try testing your connection speed to make sure you are getting a reasonable speed. Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test <<<This is the site i use to test mine. Try it and let me know what speeds you get.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
goguapsy

have you patched BF2?
Since when do you have that problem?
Do you have a firewall/antivirus/antispyware/antichucknorris enabled?

If you have any of these enabled, disable. If you have the last one, it cannot be disabled. Nor can it be uninstalled. The only way to make it go away is to format your PC, but there isn't a 100% probability that program will go away...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
PlasmaSoldier

My connection speed is 4mbit/s and my antivirus is disabled

I Like Plasma!

Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
thepalerider

Arrow re: Lagging when flying helicopter/FIXED!

When asking for help,
please remember to post your:
O/S,
systems specks,
network setup
And a brief history before and after problem started.
Please describe when your CTD or problem hits and
what you have already tried.

If your using Vista, It has a feature (read BUG!) that checks for a better network connection every two minuets by default. Check = lag spike every 2 minuets. Turn off this FEATURE!
Don't use wireless for gaming if you can help it.
Many other things that could help depending on your setup.

"There's nothin' like a nice piece of hickory"

I play on
where it's all about the teamwork.
thepalerider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
Fatal-M

I have had that problem before with a 4mb connection , but the problem was is because i was going wireless and because i had 2 more users on the Network .

Your best solution is if possible try to run an Ethernet cable and connect your PC directly to your Router and also try to minimize the use from others network sharers on the same network , meaning is if your brother/sister/mother is on the network using the internet tell them to go somewhere else for a few hours lol . or at least tell them not to download or upload anything big while your on it .

Do that and you wont have to see that problem again
good luck !
Fatal-M is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flying, helicopter, helicopter or fixed, lagging