project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
NoBion
Default Variating but generally bad connection on a cable net.

Hey.

i got a friend who can run the game fine, But having problems keep being on servers.

He gets kicked out of the server commonly when loading the map by lost connection. and sometimes he can play for a period. of with alot of times getting the "there is a problem with your connection" message.

It seems like impossible for him to join any high populated servers. he lost connection before he got into the game. We succeded to play some on a server with 13-15 players. If we go much above that, he will lose connection.

I dont know what it is. hes on a 1 mbit line. Its wireless. he got a Xbox 360 on wireless that never got problems playing online.

Seems like a bottleneck somewhere.

?
NoBion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Variating but generally bad connection on a cable net.

Hey.

I had some problems a few weeks ago with lag and connection issues, turning off my antivirus software solves it. PunkBuster doesn't always gives you a reason for issues, you can try PBSetup.

It may sound sketchy, but pressing ESC once that "connection problem" text shows up on screen, and then ESC again in the lobby helps alot of times.

See if any of this helps and post again. Cheers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Gore; 08-04-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Old 08-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
NoBion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
Hey.

I had some problems a few weeks ago with lag and connection issues, turning off my antivirus software solves it. PunkBuster doesn't always gives you a reason for issues, you can try PBSetup.

It may sound sketchy, but pressing ESC once that "connection problem" text shows up on screen, and then ESC again in the lobby helps alot of times.

See if any of this helps and post again. Cheers.
Which antivirus did cause you trouble?.

i already told him to try and do the ESC / ESC thing, but i'll make sure to tell him to keep see if it helps.

He have run and updated the Punkbuster with that setup. So that shouldent be the issue.

He has yet to try and turn off firewall and see if it bottlenecks somehow. But i was wondering, Since he is using Wireless. Maybe there is some Router settings causing the bottlenecking?
NoBion is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Bullguard. Has given me all sorts of problems before. I'm not on a wireless so it could be his problem.
If it's possible, he could take his computer to your place and see if it still happens. Then you can easily boil it down to what the problem is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, cable, connection, generally, net, variating