project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #31
paulthenoob

Default Re: Read This If You Have Pr.exe problems

Where can I find the +config?
+ I think my Pr.exe is in the mod folder for Pr in --"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr"
Start in-- "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr"
If thaat helps :S
paulthenoob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #32
gomimin

Paul, you really don't need that config+ stuff...!

Make your shortcut just look like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx ???? +szy ???

(where ???? and ??? depends on your monitors resolution, if you're not shure about that post your monitors company and model name - i'll look for you..)

and there you go...

hth

@Helix

cuz the OP had He's got a PM with suggestion to edit it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"What's small, dark and knocking at the door? ...The future of humanity." -Bruce Sterling
Are we talking bout Bots?!? - gomimin
Last edited by gomimin; 07-02-2009 at 07:50 AM..
Old 07-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
Shafty

damnit- I just bought me a sweet new PC and am having this problem. I just got it so this is a clean install of everything. Here is where its located

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe"

should I change something? I'm a PC idiot- please help!!!! I have to let this baby run PR!!!
Shafty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #34
Shafty

here is the error message I'm getting.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: pr.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4a066ac7
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4889dc80
Problem Signature 07: 343f
Problem Signature 08: 119
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
Shafty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #35
cossack29

Good day, PR community.
I've installed 086 on three machines so far (my own and two of my friends).
Here is the current situation:
I had no problem getting 086 to run on my machine, but both of my friends installations produce a crash to desktop right after launching the game through the 086 desktop shortcut.
I hope this info will give the DEVs some input as to what may be causing this problem.

PC #1 (086 works): My machine is running Win XP SP3, fully patched with the latest .NET version installed. I've downloaded the incremental patch to update from 085 to 086. The machine had to latest .NET installed prior to installing the 086 patch. No problems here.

PC #2 (086 does not work): Friends machine is running Win XP SP2. I've used the same file I've used myself to patch his machine from working 085 to 086 and was prompted to install .NET 3.5. After a successful installation, machine was restarted. Upon restart, we couldn't get PR to start no matter what. The PC would show the new PR splash screen, go to fullscreen mode with dark screen and then CTD before showing anything else. We tried following solutions offered in this thread by changing the target of shortcut, running the game by launching the .exe straight... Nothing worked, it still CTD after splash screen and before videos.

PC #3 (086 does not work): Another friends machine running Win XP SP3. We did a fresh install of BF2 vanilla, patched it to 1.41, downloaded and installed full 086 core and levels files. During installation we were prompted to install .NET 3.5, once again upon restarting and finishing installation by installing levels, we could not get PR to start. It would once again (like machine # 2) show the new 086 splash screen, go to full screen mode with dark screen and CTD before showing any of the intro videos. We've downloaded and installed latest .NET service packs for this machine, windows is fully patched but PR still will not start.

I am sure it's been asked before in a different thread, but why are we required to install .NET for this version of PR? I think it's what causing this problem, but that's just me.
One more thing I've noticed, when I launch PR on my machine, the new PR splash screen stays on screen quite a bit longer than on my friends machines, prob good 4-5 seconds longer.
I'm running a Pentium 4 660 (3.6 GHz) with 3 GB of DDR2 in Dual Channel, Intel 925X board, RAID 0 (2x250GB) Seagate drives and a 8800GT card.
Machine #2 runs on a 3200+ Athlon 64 (2GHz) with 4 GB of DDR with a 7600 GT.
Machine #3 runs on a 3500+ Athlon 64 (2.2 GHz) with 2 GB of DDR with a 7600 GT.

Anyway, this is my input, let's help the DEV figure this one out.
Thanks!
cossack29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #36
volks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafty View Post
here is the error message I'm getting.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: pr.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4a066ac7
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4889dc80
Problem Signature 07: 343f
Problem Signature 08: 119
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
i am having the EXACT problem with EXACT error codes.

anyone help ???
volks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #37
Zach134

ok im a computer n00b so when yall are saying change the desktop i know how to get there but what exactly should it look?
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" i got that down but what should it look like with everything your telling me to add on it?
also i cannot play on any maps during the level installation it said 4 maps i could not play i think those 4 are 7 gates battle for quinli karbala and the other i need to get the name to how do i fix it?
Last edited by Zach134; 07-07-2009 at 10:06 PM..
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #38
77th|Werstein

Hello and good evening.

I've been rather reluctant to posting anything relating to the problem I've been experiencing, but, honestly, this is ridiculous and I'm beginning to feel all my efforts toward a solution are in vain. Starting off, with PR completely removed from my computer, I have uninstalled the .net framework 3.5 and reinstalled it (then reinstalling the 3.5 service pack 1) to try to get some sort of solution (going on a hunch a few posts above me that the pr.exe problems is a result of the new .net requirement). Then, because the 0860 downloads have been giving me a hard time, I went back to install the 0856 core and levels (which ran perfectly fine, I played around in a local server I set up). Unfortunately, I would then have to install the 0860 patch, which I did, and the problems commenced. Without doing any changes to the new 0860 shortcut, I clicked it and an Application Error message comes up stating: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application." Luckily, I kept the old shortcut that runs 0856 (the one targeting BF2.exe) which I clicked on and thankfully started PR. Though, after waiting minute after minute to log in, the message most of the previous posts speak of appeared (you must start Project Reality with pr.exe...change the shortcut target...and so on and so forth). Then I return to square one.

Here are the statistics. BF2 and Project Reality are not installed on my C: Drive, but on my external hard-drive (G: Drive). The 0860 shortcut is targeting "G:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" and starting in "G:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr". Even if I add all those extra pieces of text to the end of the target (+modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 and so on and so forth) and even delete some one by one and doing a trial run each time, I still get the Application Error message. Also, which I think might be an important fact to know, I had a run in with the System Security virus (which is a total b****) and I fear BF2 itself was damaged during the battle royale that took place...which would explain the Application Error message.

Summarized, I'm just looking for an answer to the Application Error message and, like everyone else, the pr.exe problem.

Any sort of response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Very Respectfully,
77th|Werstein
77th|Werstein is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #39
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

//Bump

Hello,
I have been getting the exact same error message as 77th|Werstein when clicking the shortcut: An error message pops up saying: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application." When clicking OK an other error message pops up saying: "pr.exe has stopped working" And that a solution for the problem is being searched for (which it won't find). I tried the adding of the +[...]'s to the target path but that didn't work, nor did reïnstalling Bf2 and PR.
In contradiction of Werstein though, i have Battlefield and PR installed on the (default) C drive, so the target is: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" which is indeed where the .exe is located, and it starts in: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr"
I really miss PR, so any help would be very much appreciated .

Adriaan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Adriaan; 07-18-2009 at 03:44 PM..
Old 07-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #40
hmnger

it wont work for me....
hmnger is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
prexe, problems, read