project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #141
CallousDisregard
Banned
Default Re: Read This If You Have Pr.exe problems

If you have steam and it won't load with pr.exe make sure that you have PR checked in the "non-steam" games section of STEAM.
But now it gives me a "disallowed program/driver " error, which may or may not be related.
CallousDisregard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #142
sniperi
Default Re: Read This If You Have Pr.exe problems

Hi guys,

im having the same problem as anyone else here and its driving me crazy !!!
pr crashes to desktop after 5 secs. Im running Vista 64 bits and
Here are the steps i took :

installed bfbc2
restarted pc
installed patch 1.41
restarted pc
installed patch 1.5
restarted pc
installed part 1 to 3 from pr 0.95
restarted pc

im running the pr.exe as administrator and have the following command lines :

target : "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe"
start in : "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\pr"

i have tried changing the start in line to direct it directly to the bfbc2.exe but that didnt work either.
I set the comptability mode to windows xp but no effect.
Because i have an intel quad processor i have changed the program affinity to just one cpu during the 5 secs of launching (found this solution on another forum) but still nothing. It worked for the guy who posted the solution though.

can it be that the problem lies with the patches? If so can anyone show me the link to the working ones?
I will show you the links of where i got them :

patch 1.41 : http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2/
patch 1.5 : http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/b...tch/33203.html

I have never spent so much time on installing a game, this is simply nuts. But i believe there must be solution to this. Anyone please...?
sniperi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #143
Viikate
Default Re: Pr.exe problems

Just checking...

Steam version of BF2, downloaded the 3 packages for PR .96. Shortcut runs BF2 instead of PR. I need some script to be able to run PR, or what?
Viikate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #144
Viikate

Okay, I have tried the LaunchPR.ahk script, but same thing happens as without it: BF2 starts, not PR. When I close the game, I get an error saying "TIMEOUT WAITING FOR BF2 RELAUNCH, PROJECT REALITY LAUNCHER FAILED."

The script points to the right directories (default Win7 Steam version of BF2), but something must still be wrong. Any help?
Viikate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #145
Errant Pulse

This is the same problem as disallowed program driver ?
Installed new parts and now it doesn't run.
It is in steam as a non steam game.
Errant Pulse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #146
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Run PR via shortcut on desktop do not launch from steam app, and disable steam overlay while running PR. If you DLed BF2 via steam its in Steam\steamapps\username\Battlefield 2\ so make sure you pointed PR installer to that directory

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #147
IDRick

I'm currently experiencing this issue. BF2 has run fine for 1-1/2 years after install from CD and downloading updates from EA. Attempting to access from PR from the PR shortcut on desktop or from the desura menu leads to an immediate "pr.exe is not working" error. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix? All other BF games have installed without error but PR has not been as user friendly....
====
Oops, I was incorrect. PR was downloaded with desura and desktop link goes to the desura menu rather than a PR folder.
===========
Do I need to provide more info for assistance? People are reading but no one is providing support. All I wanted to do is try the PR:VN game...
Speces
Win 7 64 bit
CPU i5-750
GPU ATi 5850
RAM 4 GB
Last edited by IDRick; 04-10-2012 at 10:00 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #148
MaSSive

@sniperi You need BF2 game to play PR, from what you wrote there I see that you have Bad Company not Battlefield 2.

@viikate There is an issue with Steam copies of BF2, please read this and apply the fix to be able to play PR.

@IDrick There is issue with Desura and map pack installs which can be easily solved by applying this fix.

CATA4TW!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #149
TophMcGoph

Hello All,

I am new to the community and am anxious to be able to play this mod. I am running 64 bit windows 7. I received the pr.exe will not run error and have attempted several fixes recommended in this forum. I first changed BF2 to run as Administrator and attempted to Launch PR with BF2 open. This did not work. I made sure that .NET framework is up to date along with hardware drivers. My next step is to change the program to run in compatibility mode. This is a pain in windows 7 and I honestly could not find the root for the BF2 program. I am reinstalling BF2 as I post this and will install under program files rather than default path. After that I plan to reinstall PR in all three parts to ensure proper file pathways. Is there any key/important recommendations that someone may have so that I can start up and run PR without Issue this time?
TophMcGoph is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #150
MaSSive

Patch your game to 1.5 and test to see if your BF2 actually works before you install PR. Most likely you will need patch 1.41 and 1.5, and running BF2 and making sure it works properly is a must before you attempt to install and run any mod not just PR.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

Install everything as administrator, including patches, disable antivirus while doing it, not to pickup some of the game files as false positives. It happened in the past so better do that. Run BF2 and PR as admin and do not use compatibility mode since it causes ram leaks and often crashes game to desktop.

Also disable and turn off windows defender ( makes more trouble than its useful ) and turn off UAC.

CATA4TW!

Tags
prexe, problems, read