project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
20 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Problem Downloading the .NET 3.5 Framework?

I found a site which offers 4 links to download that file.

4 Mirror URLs for "dotnetfx35.exe" - FindFiles.com

Now, i hope those of you who have had problems installing 0.86 will find the answer there.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
crazy11
Retired PR Developer

Default re: Problem Downloading the .NET 3.5 Framework?

Here is an offline installer for those that need it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.- Wayne Gretzky
crazy11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
KarateDoug
Banned

That file is a failure. It took over an hour to download on a 25meg connection. Plus it says done downloading far before it actually is finished. On top of that the downloader will not close. And now when I install it it does the same exact thing as when I was downloading it. Please help. this is frustrating. It say my comp still does not have the file. i have restarted.
KarateDoug is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Sgt. Mahi

I have the same problem with above.. A thing that I'm wondering about is do I need Service Pack 3 to install 3.5 netframe. I only have SP2 installed because I'm getting a windows update error when I try to instal SP3. HELP!!

BTW I'm running XP

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
KarateDoug
Banned

This is becoming a real problem. ive downloaded .net from 3 different sites and all of them are fail.
KarateDoug is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
ShoX

Uhm, I installed everything correctly (even not just 1 time) and it won´t work.. if i click the icon the error appears.

Should I have Windows SP3?
ShoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
SXTS

I started it, it was going 238 kb/s, it was around 2/10 of the way through after 20 minutes, then it just blanked and the progress bar went resetted and it tried to initialize again and then it kept connecting and disconnecting then it suddenly stopped for 5 minutes and suddenly, it just pops up and is done half way at 68 kb/s.

Is there a way to speed it up? This installer sucks ass! Help!

SXTS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
SXTS

God damn, this installer sucks... I was away and returned to see my download had completed, so I yay!'d and closed Firefox as I was instructed, next thing I clicked retry after closing Firefox and the progress bar was down at 1/4 complete and I came to realize that the download had not actually completed and that this installer is just a failure. Now I'm halfway through going slowwwwwwwwwww. However, Leonard Cohen is on BBC Four so I'll just chill to him for a bit....

SXTS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Sgt. Mahi

Alright guys... I finally succeeded in getting that god damn .NET Framework 3.5 installed and I got the 0.86 patch installed as well.

It seems there is some kind of complication between the service packs and the previous versions of .NET Framework. Now I will have to say that I have no high level knowledge about this kind of stuff so I just got kind of lucky I guess. Here's what I did:

First part may not be relevant but I will share it with you just in case
Since I've been having trouble getting XP Service Pack 3 installed I never had it fully installed. I had to abort the installation because there was a file that couldn't be found. SO you should think that windows automatically would uninstall the files from that failed service pack installation, but I discovered the SP3 was in the add/remove list so I uninstalled it from there.
Now I realize that there are probably not many of you who had this specifik problem so I don't think the above mentioned is important for the rest of you guys.

This may be the source of the problem
After this I uninstalled the previous versions of NET Framework from the add/remove list. The versions I had installed was 2.0-1.1(hot fix)-1.0.
I uninstalled all of them, restarted my computer and tried to run the "offline installer" for 3.5 NET Framework mentioned above. The installation went smoothly and much more quickly than my first attempts that had a duration on approx. 1 hour. This time it took like 20-30 minutes.

I hope this can help some of you guys and I hope that I made myself understandable. If this is a general solution I hope some MOD will write this in a more user friendly way.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #10
aperson444

Wait, wait, wait....

Don't we only need SP1? Is that offline installer for all of them? It worked fine for me. In fact the one before got an error (so it was corrupted), and this one repaired it. I haven't finished downloading 0.86 yet though. We'll see where it goes from there.
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
downloading, framework, net, network, problem