project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #31
[R-COM]SnipingCoward
Support Technician

Default Re: Problems with Punkbuster? Solutions here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostWraith View Post
I have been unable to reinstall punkbuster because for some reason pbsvc.exe has an ERROR extractor has failed an authenticity check
Any fixes for this? I can't play this game or any other game using pb without pb....I run Windows 7 64bith btw.

Thanks!
I am afraid we will need the complete quote of the error message. (Try googling it, maybe something usable comes up.)
Have you set your personal firewall to allow PB?
Maybe the pb installer is corrupted, redownload it?

Got a PROBLEM? Check this:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got a common QUESTION? check here first:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hello, IT! ... Yes, have you tried turning it on and off again?"
[R-COM]SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #32
LostWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]SnipingCoward View Post
I am afraid we will need the complete quote of the error message. (Try googling it, maybe something usable comes up.)
Have you set your personal firewall to allow PB?
Maybe the pb installer is corrupted, redownload it?
Here's the quote
Checking user is Administrator OK
Checking Administrator privileges OK
Opening Service Control Manager OK
Searching for PnkBstrA None Found - OK
Extracting PnkBstrA service OK
Verifying service authenticity ERROR

ERROR: The extractor file has failed an authenticity check

I have tried multiple downloads of pbsvc.exe. I even tried the one on the disk from CoD:WaW and that has the same issue. I googled it a lot and spent like six hours on it last night (I haven't played PR in a while and I really wanted to play...). I'm usually good at fixing little problems but this one is beyond me. I don't have a firewall and disabling the windows default one didn't help at all.

Problem: I bought a new game today too. Dawn of War 2, and it couldn't install properly either. Fails the first step with a generic installation failed message. I wonder if something is completely wrong with my computer.

Help please. This is scaring me. Thanks in advance.
LostWraith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #33
HMARS

My log file is full of the typical
[01.24.2010 22:42:16] PnkBstrB v2.212 (BF2) Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit PunkBuster Online Countermeasures for more information.

But then it also includes
[01.24.2010 23:54:51] WARNING: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to Register Service (ffa9)
[01.24.2010 23:54:52] WARNING: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to Register Service (ffa9)
The heck?
HMARS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #34
BEARCAT33

Gentleman, here is what fixed my probs with heartbeat etc... went to video settings in game. set textures to medium and lighting to medium,and "HOLY S_IT" ite really works now. WOW. very little noticable difference visually or in game play.Worked for me.

Thanks for letting me rant
BEARCAT33
BEARCAT33 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #35
xAllen23x

Well i get kicked after 10 min in every game. It gives me a dbghelp.dll error and kicks me for 2 min. I tried to replace this dbg file with a different version but windows wont let me edit/delete/or move the file even though i am the administrator on my pc. I am not able to play pr now due to this problem. I did everything this thread said and it still doesn't work. I even re-installed PR. Any ideas? thanks
xAllen23x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #36
Bazul14
Banned

Ok, for some stupid reason I got to reinstall my whole PC. I run Vista, and until 3 days ago I ran BF2 and PR 0.91 perfectly online. After I reinstalled my system, I reinstalled bf2 and pr, upgraded PB, and nothing. I get " The connection to the server has been lost" after i try to connect to any server. Sometimes, i connect to a server, but it will kick me after 2 min for "losing key packets". I have not changed anything hardware in the last 6 months(router/modem/pc).
Bazul14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #37
Bazul14
Banned

oh, and before i reinstalled, i had the same OS(Vista).
Old 04-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #38
Bazul14
Banned

I found the problem, it was my stupid router, i bought a new one and everything works like it used to. I guess I will have a new target for my mauser 98
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #39
sottocutaneo

hi all,
unfortunately I have a problem with punkbuster:
"Pnkbstrb.exe heartbeats stopped"

I already read all the previous pages and I already tried all possible solutions with negative results.

So excluding previous solutions, what remains to be done to solve this problem?

Thanks to all
sottocutaneo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #40
slothrop
Unhappy Punkbuster B reset issues

I have been having issues with PB B .exe since the introduction of version 9 of PR.
Punkbuster B is failing to initiate and I cannot join servers. The maps load (albeit slowly), client data verified and then the connection is lost. Setting Punkbuster B to start automatically and restart when a failure occurs has helped occasionally, but it seems to revert to its original state every few maps. I can't be bothered reinstalling Punkbuster and manually starting it every time I want to play, does anyone know of a possible solution?
I have run PR on my Vista OS for three years without any issues - so this seems to be linked to PR 909. I've played PR since version 3 or so, but I'll be moving on if I can't find a fix for this in the next few weeks.

System info:

# RAM DDR3 (MB): 4096
# Processor: Core 2 Duo P8400
# Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
# Video memory (MB): 512
slothrop is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
error, md5tool, mismatch, problems, punkbuster, renddx9x2dll, solution, solutions, vtuneapidll