project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
SGT.Collado

Default Connection Problem Troubleshooting

Connection problems getting on your bloddy nerves?

Ah yes billy boy, I have figured out the solution for my fellow forum goers. The solution is when you get a Connection Server Problems in the middle of the screen, quickly press ESC button. Wait 2 seconds then press ESC again and your connection will be restored. It works for me and now I can play hours. Now all that gets me is EA's connection boot bug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
ask him if he is an enemy , if he answer you in other language, then fire at him
SGT.Collado is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Really? how does that make sense...

I'll try it next time that problem comes up and report back.

You say it does not work for EA's boot bug, how is that different than the normal connection problems bug I'm thinking of?
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
SGT.Collado

I don't know it just works for me.When I see my modem all of a sudden freeze then when I press ESC and wait 2 seconds, all the modem lights start to flicker and the connection is restored. It's kinda weird but it works.

What I meant by connection boot bug was when you're all of a sudden playing and it kicks you and then says, Your connection to the server is lost in the main menu. You're not even in the game anymore.

The one you get in the middle of the screen during play which is yellow is the one I'm talking to press ESC and then wait 2 seconds and press ESC again and your connection somehow is restored. Works for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
ask him if he is an enemy , if he answer you in other language, then fire at him
Old 03-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
[PR]ARRC|Gringo

ITS OFFICIAL, IT DOES WORK, JUST TRIED AND IT WORKED, ure the man, i hope the Devs read this and make it a sticky or find the way to fix this, it is the solution for my problem, when i hit ESC then again to get back in game, and the lag thing is gone, wow bro ure a lifesaver, u should get promoted to Dev, at least u found a fix for the problem that the Devs werent looking forward to fix.

[PR]ARRC|Gringo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
El_Vikingo

So they can macro the ESC to when there is a connection problem?

does the game crash when you get this connection problem?

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #6
[PR]ARRC|Gringo

1-You Get The Yellow Message That Says "Theres Problem With Your Connection"
2-When u get That Message U Need To Press ESC
3-When u Get To The Main BF2 Lobby Then
4-U Press ESC Again To Get Back In The Game, and u Will Be All Set

Note*: I Hope This Get Fix, but for Now Use The Workaround Solution.
(THX For Making It a Sticky)

[PR]ARRC|Gringo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
SGT.Collado

I'm so glad this is not an issue to you guys any more. Enjoy P.R.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
Sniper_E.

Euh, sorry but it is an issue. Never had the problem prior 0509 m8, so they should fix it.
Sniper_E. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
Kruder

A possible fix,close everything related to a program named "netlimiter"(from task manager,exiting program isnt enough) b4 playing,if you are using this software

My experience:i was having 2-3 seconds long connection problems about every 10 minutes.Well infact this may not seem like a problem but it is infact a big problem especially when trying to land a full squad to a cramped space then connection problem occurs,you crash the heli "learn flying in sp u awful noob" type comments .
Hope it helps
Kruder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Collado
Connection problems getting on your bloddy nerves?

Ah yes billy boy, I have figured out the solution for my fellow forum goers. The solution is when you get a Connection Server Problems in the middle of the screen, quickly press ESC button. Wait 2 seconds then press ESC again and your connection will be restored. It works for me and now I can play hours. Now all that gets me is EA's connection boot bug
This works!!

No disrespect but when i 1st read this some time back, i thought it sounded sketchy at the best.. but blow me it works like a charm.

Recently these connection problems have got worse for me.. and this bloody works 95% of the time.

In over 20 years of trying computer 'fixes', this was one of the most surprising. Good job
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, problem, troubleshooting