project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Ivan_Grozni
Default Voice chat not activating

Hey I reinstalled Project Reality today and after joining a server all is well except when I use voice chat (both squad and local) nothing happens, as if the buttons I'm pressing are unassigned.

I set the buttons very explicitly in the launcher settings and even in the main menu options but it doesn't help at all, I even disabled regular mumble (which I use separately and have used it before along with PR) and nothing changes.

Can someone tell me please what am I supposed to do about this?
Ivan_Grozni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator
Default Re: Voice chat not activating

Launch pr mumble from the launcher and configure them there.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #3
Ivan_Grozni

I did, it's already configured there too.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #4
[R-DEV]AlonTavor

Alt tab and see what's it's status. Maybe it's failing to connect.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
Ivan_Grozni

No errors, no nothing, everything looks fine, I tried the ingame mumble audio wizard with no effect.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:34 AM   #6
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

Try running PRMumble as an administrator. Same stuff was happening to me on Win7.
assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #7
Ivan_Grozni

How exactly? I started launcher as admin already if that's what you mean and it made no difference.

Edit: Ok so I tried changing the key bindings for local and squad chat, apparently nothing works EXCEPT when I assign the keys to numpad buttons, I normally use V and B for local and squad chat but those it just doesn't register like I assigned them and ignores them entirely.

But It works when it's set to Numpad 0 and the dot button right next to it (and I need to hold down shift while pressing them).
Last edited by Ivan_Grozni; 01-15-2018 at 11:26 AM..
Old 01-16-2018, 01:55 AM   #8
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_Grozni View Post
How exactly? I started launcher as admin already if that's what you mean and it made no difference.
You can run it manually from the PR folder, killing the unwanted instance. Or just check "Run As Administrator" check box, but I think that's not your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_Grozni View Post
Edit: Ok so I tried changing the key bindings for local and squad chat, apparently nothing works EXCEPT when I assign the keys to numpad buttons, I normally use V and B for local and squad chat but those it just doesn't register like I assigned them and ignores them entirely.

But It works when it's set to Numpad 0 and the dot button right next to it (and I need to hold down shift while pressing them).
According to this it starts to look like some keyboard layout trouble. Try to use "special" keys like "Alt", "Ctrl" and "Shift"(or "Special" itself) for your bindings, if that worked check what kind of layout do you have. Try to add EN-US layout and define "keys" with it. It sometimes happens in other games, when you're not allowed to define keys in another "language" and have to switch to EN in order to fix that. Even though I am not sure 100%.
assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
Ivan_Grozni

Well I use English (United States) - US language for the keyboard, same one I used since I installed windows and I've played PR with these settings before.

Anyway I added US International and tried that, nothing changes.

And can you please tell me specifically where I can activate PR mumble manually cause I really can't find it anywhere in the install directory or documents.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #10
[R-DEV]AlonTavor

Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\bin\PRMumble\PRMumble.exe
If you launch it manually it will not link with the launcher. You can just test it like this.

Tags
activating, chat, voice