project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
17 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
Trekkie
Default First ever crash to desktop experience after today's update

Aww! Updated to 1.1.6 like a good boy, got into a server, winter map finishes loading, and PR crashes to desktop, runs the cleanup wizard... nooo I do not want to start with the CTD issues.

I'm on windows 7 64 bit,
Trekkie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
Trekkie
Default Re: First ever crash to desktop experience after today's update

2nd time's a charm... tried PR again and it works. I'll see if that winter map crashes the game next time it loads I guess
Old 04-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
Trekkie

Well it happened a couple more times, but not on the same maps or servers, then finally stopped happening after about the 3rd time I launched the game, not counting the times I relaunched it after the crashes. So after like 6 times. Didn't do anything else to my PC... no updates, no restart... one time I also noticed that it coincided with a server crash, but I know that wasn't the case each time.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

Welcome to PR trekkie,

atm this is happening to almost everyone, (though not often to myself as I live within 15ms hop to the east coast US servers)

The only way to properly track this down if you want to see if it's your system, would be to learn how to use WireShark and Sysinternals NetworkMonitor , to monitor and log your traffic, then you'd need to learn how to track the memory pointers used in PR and BF2 exes.

Point being this isn't an easy fix where the tracking of your individual Disconnects will provide datapoints, UNLESS it related to specific interactions between certain effects, but it takes a long time to get used to PR's effects to understand which one might be the culprit.

And we have people working with Wireshark and network traffic logging and tracking PR's memory pointers trying to find the root cause of this. They are in the background and don't post much on public forum, appricate that this is bug tracking at a post-graduate/professional level and they do it for the community in their free time, when they aren't doing similar in their work lifes.

Try to enjoy PR for what it is,

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, desktop, experience, today, update