project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
15 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 02:58 AM   #1
Desolator_JA
Unhappy Game fails to complete loading. Unable to join server

Hey guys,
I have been able to play PR BF2 up until recently. I now have an issue where the game fails to fully load. It will stop at 15% or around 60% and get's stuck. I have left it for 20 mins and no change.

There has been no change to my system recently. I can play BF2 just fine.
I have removed PR and BF2 from Control Panel > Programs, ran a Registry Cleaner with CCleaner, reboot then d/l BF2 via Origin then reinstall PR 1.1 from the torrent, then had it update automatically.
I have also deleted all BF2 and PR folders from my Documents. I even had a backup of the entire BF2 folder when I first started playing PR late last year and tried using that as well, and same prob. I've tried turning off my anti-virus as well. Coop and regular Multiplayer has the same issue, regardless of the server I choose. Also, when I press Esc after it get's stuck loading, it shows "unloading resources" and it even that never gets off the screen. I've deleted and re-added my account as well.

I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this issue. I can play BF4 and ARMA 3 maxed with no issues (4770K, GTX 760, 16GB RAM, 256GB 840 Pro SSD which BF2 and PR are installed on)

Please help me out guys. I dunno wtf else to try
Desolator_JA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Are you sure the antivirus was turned off? That's the only cause I've seen so far to cause such issues
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:28 AM   #3
Desolator_JA
Default Re: Game fails to complete loading. Unable to join server

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Psyrus View Post
Are you sure the antivirus was turned off? That's the only cause I've seen so far to cause such issues
Yes, i'll be adding the game folder to the exclusion list later to s ee if that helps. I have always used ESET Smart Security and as much as I love it, I know it can be very strict and have had to deal with it in the past, but I was able to play with it running in the past though.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Psyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolator_JA View Post
Yes, i'll be adding the game folder to the exclusion list later to s ee if that helps. I have always used ESET Smart Security and as much as I love it, I know it can be very strict and have had to deal with it in the past, but I was able to play with it running in the past though.
The last person also was using an Eset product (NOD32) and it was the 'Scan compressed archives' setting that was causing his problem. Check your settings to make sure that it isn't scanning any zip files
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:02 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Arab
Supporting Member

Couldn't you just add the BF2 directory to the exception list in Nod32?
[R-DEV]Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 AM   #6
Desolator_JA

The entire BF2 folder was already in the exclusions list.

I had an issue with ARMA 3 running like complete crap online, and found this solution:
"When I disable ADVANCED MEMORY SCANNER under HIPS, problem goes away.
ESET -> SETUP -> ENTER ADVANCED SETUP -> COMPUTER -> HIPS -> DISABLE ADVANCED MEMORY SCANNER"

That resolved the loading issue with PR and the choppy gameplay online in ARMA 3 that I just bought. It's weird; even on my SSD, PR always took like 3 mins to load in the past, but after changing this one option, it loads in like 30 seconds.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:06 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Arab
Supporting Member

Glad it's solved
[R-DEV]Arab is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
complete, fails, game, join, loading, server, unable