project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #11
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default Re: Error 1301

Looks like you are connecting to the PR file server,

What make and model of router do you have?
Which antivirus and firewall do you use?

To verify the troubleshooting steps completed, tell me you did or didn't try these:

1. You tried switching your PC LAN IP from static to dynamic?
2. You tried opening http://prbf2.cdn.ancientdev.com/hashes_1.0.36.0.prhf and it is successful, asks you to download a file?
3. You have downloaded the .NET 4.5 Framwork, Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from Official Microsoft Download Center and you then REPAIRED the installation in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features , Select the 4.5 Framework X64 , and select Repair, let it repair, then reboot?
4. You can also repair the 4.5 .NET framework using this utility:
Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
ThatPieceOfGold

I have a Belkin N450 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Router.
I am using AVG.
1. Yes Its Dynamic.
2. It wont let me open it, it blocks the website.
3. I have downloaded the 4.5 Framework
4. I have just updated all of my frameworks to the newest updates.
ThatPieceOfGold is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

2. It wont let me open it, it blocks the website.

AVG is blocking PRLauncher and PRUpdater.
Either completely shutdown AVG and try to contact http://prbf2.cdn.ancientdev.com/hashes_1.0.36.0.prhf again,

or open AVG and give a specific whitelist exemption for PRLauncher and PRbf2.exe

Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 10-05-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Old 10-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

Instructions
  1. Open AVG Internet Security from the Start Menu. You can find it by hovering your mouse over "All Programs."
  2. Double-click "Firewall" to launch the firewall settings.
  3. Click the "Profiles" link on the left, then "Computer in domain," then "Applications."
  4. Click "Add."
  5. Click the "..." button next to "Path" and navigate to the program that you want to allow access to.
    Add the following programs:
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\PRBF2.exe"
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.exe"
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\mods\pr\bin\PRUpdater.exe"

For each of the programs above, Select it and click "Open." Click the "Application action" drop-down menu and select "Allow for all." Click "Apply," and then "OK" to save the firewall settings and allow your program.
Read more: How to Allow Programs in AVG | eHow

Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 10-05-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

doublepost
Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 10-05-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Old 10-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

AVG is blocking PRLauncher and PRUpdater.
To test, completely shutdown AVG and try to contact http://prbf2.cdn.ancientdev.com/hashes_1.0.36.0.prhf again, it should prompt you to download a file hashes_1.0.36.0 (1).prhf .

If with AVG completely shutdown, and you can then download this file, we know it's AVG blocking the PRLauncher and PRUpdater. causing the PRLauncher to return the Error 1301.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
Instructions
  1. Open AVG Internet Security from the Start Menu. You can find it by hovering your mouse over "All Programs."
  2. Double-click "Firewall" to launch the firewall settings.
  3. Click the "Profiles" link on the left, then "Computer in domain," then "Applications."
  4. Click "Add."
  5. Click the "..." button next to "Path" and navigate to the program that you want to allow access to.
    Add the following programs:
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\PRBF2.exe"
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.exe"
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\mods\pr\bin\PRUpdater.exe"

For each of the programs above, Select it and click "Open." Click the "Application action" drop-down menu and select "Allow for all." Click "Apply," and then "OK" to save the firewall settings and allow your program.
Read more: How to Allow Programs in AVG | eHow

Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
ThatPieceOfGold

Well I went into AVG and added the files you said but my router wont let me go to the site so I am trying to fix this now.
ThatPieceOfGold is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
ThatPieceOfGold

Ok, This is what happened, my router, a Belkin N450 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Router, had ' Parental Control powered by Norton ' on it so I had to add the Files to AVG as well as turn off Norton on my router freeing the files to connect in a split second making a connection. But now it is Verifying files. Thank you for your help.
Last edited by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd; 10-09-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

Looking into this, all of the currently sold Belkin routers have this Norton Parental Control embedded security,

WIRELESS DUAL BAND ROUTERS
N450 DB
N600 DB
N750 DB
N900 DB
AC1000 DB
AC1200 DB

WIRELESS SINGLE BAND ROUTERS
N150
N300

Old 12-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #20
SAM609

I just had this error lately and managed to fixed it by changing my DNS server to google public DNS server (8.8.4.4) ! I found out that my local DNS server couldn't resolve the name of the host for that verification server !

SAM609 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1301, belkin, error