project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
ferrett
Default Project Reality 1.0 CTD & map loading crash [SOLVED]

I have tried to find a thread concerning this exact case and haven't found one so I made a new one.

First of all, previous PR version worked perfectly, exept few maps that crashed or had very low FPS and were unplayable (for example Black Gold and Burning Sands). However the couple (crap) maps crashing weren't big problem for me. I could play about 90% of the maps with no problems whatsoever. This problem with 0.98 started suddenly at some point, I recall my .98 version working completely flawlessly at some point.

So I'm getting CTDs with no error message or anything like that. Sometimes I can play 30-40 minutes, and sometimes even 2 hours, but about 2 hours seems to be the maximum time before it crashes. Some maps seem to be working better than others; I can play Fallujah, Muttrah and Asad Khal longer than Basrah or Burning Sands for example. Some maps don't work at all or I get crash very fast (few seconds after joining server, or pressing the ''join game'' button when map is loaded). These maps include Khamisiyah, Black Gold and Dovre for example. And I almost never can play 2 or more maps in a row. It freezes when loading a map, windows 7 mouse loading icon appears to the PR map loading screen, and when I press whatever key, it CTDs. I experienced this kind of crash in previous PR version but only in Black Gold. Now pretty much none of the maps work completely?

This problem was worse in the first few versions of 1.0, and the amount of these crashes has been varying depending on the 1.0 version...

I have not found solution to this. I'm running OC'd E8500 and 5870 GPU with a bit lowered clock speed. But I haven't touched these in 1-2 years and all my other games (BF3, MW2, GTA4) have worked flawlessly, so I believe it's not completely my PCs fault. I've also updated my video card drivers and I'm running textures with medium setting, as high texture setting used to crash my PR at one point.

Any suggestions? I try to answer any questions with the best of my ability.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Boris
Default re: Project Reality 1.0 CTD & map loading crash [SOLVED]

First thing to try would be to run without the OC. Different games stress areas in differing ways, so you can't rule out the OC being the cause because other games appear to run fine. PSU could be an issue, too, so even if things were running fine before, this can change over time.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
ferrett

I lowered my both CPU and GPU clocks but it still crashes. Any ideas?
Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

run in windowed mode so you can see what pops up during the crash

I know similar issues where resolved by deleting the BF2 folder in my documents ( unfortunately that will erase your account stuff)
you can try that if you want
1. delete BF2 folder in my documents
2. start BF2 (not PR)
3. start PR after setting up the BF2 account

hope this helps
Old 09-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
ferrett

I removed BF2 folder but crashing seems to still happen. How do I run PR in windowed mode?

And today I was playing Fallujah, and map changed to the bugiest map ever, Black Gold. Offcourse when loading the map, Win 7 mouse loading icon appeared and I pressed esc, the game CTD'd as previously, but this time, I managed to see an error message of some sort. Some kind of ''Memory error (and many random numbers)'' occourred. Does this help?
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member

start PRLAuncher,->Options-Video Tab_> UNCHECK the Fullscreen tickbox. CLICK APPLY.

test PR until you get the error msg, screen cap it, then post it here.

You might also want to lower the resolution so the window doesn't take up your entire screen, but this is optional to make it a bit easier.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
ferrett

I managed to capture the error message:

I suppose this has something to do with RAM or its usage? I have 4 GB of RAM and probably 32-bit version of Win 7, if that helps...
Old 09-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

This is a pretty old error as far as I remember I think it has to to with either GPU memory or corrupted game files
I believe it has to do with GPU memory

try lowering the video settings ( I recommend turning everything down first to see if that removes crashes)

hopefully this will solve it

also are your graphic card drivers up to date?

is your operating system up to date? the later vista and 7 updates fix applications run stability

if problems still persist try reading and doing THIS
Last edited by [R-COM]rushn; 09-29-2013 at 04:06 AM..
Old 09-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
ferrett

My video card drivers are up to date, and so should be my OS. Next I'm gonna lower the graph settings, and probably even run lower GPU clocks. My HD 5870 was OC'd from the factory and it used to cause problems in some games. I will probably lower the clocks lower than the original clock speed was, to see if that helps too.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
ferrett

I lowered GPU clocks even more (don't think it matters anyway...), ran PR in windowed mode and lowered graphics to low/medium level with 2x AA. I now managed to play longer. Probably 3 hours with a succesful map load. After about 3 hours, the game crashed to desktop without error message. Atleast it's better now but the problem seems to still remain.
Closed Thread

Tags
crash, ctd, loading, map, project, reality, solved