project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
Pantelshtein
Question Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

After buying a new graphics card (GeForce GTX 680) PR started to freeze system completely, or sometimes just a minute or two blackout with error "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered".

I've tested this issue on all maps and spotted that it happens just during playing on dedicated server, playing SP or LAN game looks fine. Time from the game start to freeze depends on quality settings, the higher quality - the shorter time. But the problem still occurs even on the lowest quality settings.

I know, that this error is common when overheat occurs, but hardware monitors show nothing, and problem exist only in PR. I've contacted NVidia support, but they were unable to help and suggested to ask PR support about the issue.

PR version is 0.973, display driver version is 306.02. I'm running game on win 7x64, 8Gb ram, core i7 CPU.
Pantelshtein is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Welcome to the PR forums,

Honestly not sure what to say,

What is the exact make and model number of your GTX680?

Try starting regular battlefield2 and join an online server. See if the error occurs there too.

Did you have a prior video card installed on that PC before you installed the GTX680? Maybe you have some remnants of your old video card drivers ont he system, and you should download DriveSweeper, completely uninstall the GTX680 drivers, see if you can uninstall any other bits of GPU drivers, reboot, then reinstall the GTX680 drivers?

You've checked to see if the video card is properly seated in the PCIEx16 slot?

This is the first time I've read of this problem, I hope others might have some better advise to get this fixed for you,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
BlatantlyJesus.
Default Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

i used to get this problem alot with games. Essentially from how i see it (or with my issue) is your graphics card overheats and windows forces the driver to crash instead of having a BSOD the game crashes but the computer does not.

For me i fixed it by replacing the thermal paste between my gfx chip and its heat sink although considering yours is new i cant see why it should be happening, can you RMA it with the seller/manufacturer im sure they would be more than willing to check it out
BlatantlyJesus. is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blackout., display, driver, freeze, gtx680, recovered, responding, stopped