project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
23 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
zippo_x
Default Server joining problem

I just downloaded Battlefield 2 online through Gamestop and whenever I try to join a server it will say connection to server lost. Then if I try again the whole game will crash. I installed Project Reality and the same thing happened to me. I am able to play single player without a problem on the normal Battlefield but obviously I would like to be able to play online. Is there any way this can be fixed and if so what do I have to do? Thanks for your help.

By the way I am running this on my laptop with a Core i5 processor and Intel HD Graphics 4000, in case this information is important. If you need more specifics this is the exact laptop:
Sony Vaio SVE15115FXS
zippo_x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
mujikin
Default Re: Server joining problem

i got the same problem as well, hope somebody could help us thanks!
mujikin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Server joining problem

Punkbuster Installation (fixes most PB problems)

Important Note: pbsvc installs the punk buster 'engines' or applications. PBsetup installs the files/gas the 'engines run.

1. Download pbsvc (a tool that updates/installs the Punkbuster Services).

2. Start pbsvc installer, you should see options for install, uninstall, test.

3. Run the Uninstaller in pbsvc, this removes all Punkbuster Services from your computer

4. Once the pbsvc Uninstaller completes, navigate to your Battlefield 2 installation directory (default is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2) and delete the pb folder to remove any leftover files.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Run pbsvc again and Re-Install all Punkbuster Serivces, pay attention to any messages that come up during the installation. ( if your using Vista DO NOT set compatibility to XP, run as admin ok)

6. After pcsvc installs, click the "test" option to check the punk buster install you just did.

5. Make sure it comes back "all green"

6. Download pbsetup (this is separate from pbsvc, it's a tool that automatically updates your Punkbuster BF2 file).). If your using Vista DO NOT set compatibility to XP, run as admin.

7.Create a pbsvc installer shortcut AND pbsetup program shortcut on your desktop.

8. Run pbsetup (from the shortcut on your desktop) and Add Battlefield 2 if its not already listed, then click on update and let it update the BF2 files, pay attention to any messages that come up during the installation.

9. You should now be fully updated and working, if you still are getting kicked, post your error in this thread.

10. If all that didnt work, some advanced additional steps can be followed here: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f370...led-fixed.html

Check Punkbuster B is set to auto re-start.

->Open your Control Panel -> Go to Administrative Services -> Click on Services while PR is running.
->Select Punkbuster B, right click, select properties -> select the recovery tab and make sure they all say "Restart the service" for all three dropdowns.
->You can do the same for PB A, but majority of times, it's the B client that stops responding.
** Any time you update PB, you may need to re-do this step.

Firewall not set up (open) for BF2 and punk buster
UPDATE YOUR FIREWALL

Make sure your firewall has permission for:

BF2.EXE
PBSETUP.EXE
(search for your location)

PNKBSTRA.EXE
path:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\PNKBSTRA.EXE
or (not 100% sure but for 32 bit O/S I think it's)C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW32\PNKBSTRA.EXE
PnkBstrB.exe
path:
"C:\Users\"your user name here"\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"
Don't forget to open for BF2VoipServer as well:
C/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield 2/BF2VoipServer.exe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
can't connect to server, joining, problem, server