project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
B0rN
Default Dedicated Server?

I hope this is the correct section, I suck with forums.

Me and my friend are relatively new to the game and I wish to set up my own personal, private server for us to play on and learn the ropes of aspects like flight. Is there any dedicated server tools that will allow me to do so? I've had a brief look around and so far no luck. Also, does anyone know the port that I would need to open to get this to work? TCP/UDP details would be handy too
B0rN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Dedicated Server?

try a local server, together with some hamachi you can easily set it up.

Somebody who actually can talk technically can help you out better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
B0rN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_MineralWouter View Post
try a local server, together with some hamachi you can easily set it up.

Somebody who actually can talk technically can help you out better
Quite an excellent suggestion. Thankyou, I forgot about Hamachi! I'll use that if someone has no other way because I'm not one very savvy with Hamachi.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

In order to have a true dedicated server you need to have your own BF2 ( vanilla ) dedicate3d server running and registered to gametracker or alike, and then you must apply for server license here. Once it is approved by Management you will be added to Server Admin group and will have access to SA forum sections, and to files for PR server.

If you only want to practice with your friend you can do that as Mineral said on Local server, or you can try one of the many COOP servers. In case you want to have your own true dedicated server as I said it is required to have BF2 server up and running with it registered with gametracker, and then apply for server license.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
B0rN

Oh thankyou for the information. I didn't realise it would be such a process to just set up a temporary server. I think we'll stick to Co-Op, thanks for the replies!

If you have a sec, I'd like for you to check out my Youtube channel. I'd appreciate it a lot.
Thankyou kind citizen <3

Tags
dedicated, server